Back to Ditch The Label

Appearance & Body Image

I feel so ugly

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 11 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    You have to challenge it, and say sorry but that is just not true.

Try doing daily affirmations such as "I am whole, just the way I am"

"I am perfectly imperfect" You could also put posties around your mirror with compliments for yourself. Turn up the positive and turn down the negative. Give it a try, it takes a little while - Also meditate this really helps clear your thoughts. Remi

Comment

• Comment

•  
        Honestly it’s a relief to know that there are others that feel this way. I have went through life just accepting the fact that I am ugly and that I will never be found beautiful by anyone. Of course my family will tell me I’m beautiful but outside of them not once has anyone told me I looked amazing or stunning. Every time I think that I have finally accepted this fact as reality I find myself crying at the fact that I’m going to die alone because no one will ever find me attractive. Even now typing this there are tears in my eyes as I think about all the negative thoughts and feelings I have had through all these years. Why can’t I just accept the fact that I will look this way my whole life and will stay single because no one will ever find me beautiful.

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hello EvelessForever

That's a real shame that you think this way. If only really attractive people got partners the world would end because no one would procreate! People of all different looks and walks of life fall in love. Looks is only such a small part of that. You fall in love with people's personality and kindness, looks really aren't such a big thing. I promise you. People will remember how you made them feel, not what you looked like.

Remi

Comment

• Comment

•  
                Originally posted by Remi View Post
                You have to challenge it, and say sorry but that is just not true.

Try doing daily affirmations such as "I am whole, just the way I am"

"I am perfectly imperfect" You could also put posties around your mirror with compliments for yourself. Turn up the positive and turn down the negative. Give it a try, it takes a little while - Also meditate this really helps clear your thoughts. Remi
                I tried this and at first I felt really weird doing it but it does actually work Even laughing at myself doing it made me feel a bit better too

Comment

• Comment

•  
                    Hello friends
                    I feel awful. I've been trying to reach out almost everywhere i see but nobody pays attention. Yesterday i got my contact lenses and saw myself in the mirror. I haven't stopped crying since. When i hsd poor eyesight everything was not so horrible but now i can't take out my lenses.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 11 total)

Working...
                      X