What was your proudest moment?

Harper    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our new Brag Box - one of the only places online where you're actively encouraged to do some bragging. To start - what was your proudest moment?

Mine was probably facing my fear of public speaking. It took me a few years to properly get over it and it was probably the scariest thing ever, but I finally conquered it.

Staff-Account.png

Ooooo good question Harper,

I think mine is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro which was brutal but with out a doubt showed me that I am not a quitter and made of way tougher stuff than I ever realised. ?

Proudest moment more recently was passing my driving test last year! While most people get their licence when they are still in their teens I was in my early thirties! ?'?

Better late than never though! ??

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have more then one proud moment

1. I feel of my bike when i was 10yrs old (Brake cable snapped going downhill and went overhandlebars because it went into a rock, luckily there was no traffic at the time and i only got a two scars from that day luckily because i was wearing a helmet but ever since then i got scared and didn't get back on a bike till last year (i was 18 last year. So it took 8 years for me to get back on a bike. i recently turned 19 in begging of march) and i'm not scared anymore it just builds my confidence and bike handilng up. Also i fell of recently but that was a simple error on my mistake as it was wet and skidded and ended up braking whilst skidding but i only ended up scrapping my elbow and chlothes dirty and as i fell of towards the side and this was on a cycle path not the road luckily My helmet didn't even get damaged.

2. I fell of a horse twice, once it got spooked into whilst riding trot and got spooked into canter and i feel of ended up grazing my chin because hit my face (Again luckily i didn't hurt myself due to wearing a helmet). Same thing happend whilst the last small trot jump but i just fell of that time and because after that i hadn't been riding for a long time back last year when i was doing work exprience at stables i was a little nervous to get back riding on one but i managed to and was fine.

ps just saying those that do sports wear the right Protective equipment even if it's not the law because. like above if i had fallen off and not been wearing a helmet i could of got hurt badly. (When i cycle i personally where gloves so i'm less likely to hurt my hands if i fall off.

3. Cycling up the hill i live on :)

• Ditch the Label Staff

I don't think I have just one... there are so many lovely moments in life that make me feel proud. :)

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...

So ever since I was 5 years old I have been very globophobic (fear of balloons), and around a year ago I worked up the courage to just take one and blow it up.

That might seem like a small thing but it made me feel invincible.

• 1 year later...
So ever since I was 5 years old I have been very globophobic (fear of balloons), and around a year ago I worked up the courage to just take one and blow it up.

That might seem like a small thing but it made me feel invincible.

Hey that is NOT a small thing! I have a fear of balloons too and still cry when they get near me. I'm really really really proud of and happy for you!

• 1 month later...

Wow reading these all seem pretty cool and good achievements. 4 of my proudest moments were

1. Reading 911 chapters of One Piece (all that was out at the time) in 22 Days.

2. Beating pitoss ruined in Final Fantasy XV (I used a walkthough but it was still hard)

3. Doing a dramatic reading for my teacher in English class. I was really happy because I love anything to do with acting and I practised a lot for that. It took a bit for me to start because of anxiety but once I started I was good even though I was shacking, and my teacher said I did really good.

4. I was in a play for a day camp called M.A.D camp (Music, Arts and Drama) I'm surprised I was able to get up and stage and do that it was awesome and I wish I could do it again.

I was only going to put the first 2 but I realized I actually do have things I'm proud of that have nothing to do with Anime/Manga or Video Games.

Edited by Animelover7

Hello @Animelover7

Wow that's so impressive. I really enjoyed reading through this list - it seems like you have a lot to be proud of.

Do you enjoy performing and doing drama? It sounds like that is a really fun hobby for you to pursue as it gives you that real sense of achievement and helps with your anxiety?

What do you think?

Thanks for sharing with us.

-Remi

@Remi You really think so? I didn't think it was that impressive, most of things I'm proud of are anime/manga and video games, not real life accomplishments, I didn't even think of the last 2 right away.

Yeah, I really love acting I was really anxious doing those but I somehow got though it and it was a lot of fun. I remember dancing in front of the class now too, one was with a group and they came up with the dace moves. The song was counting stars. The other I came up with some dace moves myself and danced a little in class but I don't know if I ever finished it. That song was keep on dancing from Barbie.

I love anything to do with Music, Art and Drama. When I was younger I wanted to be a Singer but now I'd rather be an Actresses/voice actor, but I know I'll never actually do it because of my anxiety, and most people even without anxiety dream of something like that and never get it. I like writing too I've written a bit of fanfiction.

Edited by Animelover7

Hey @Animelover7

Just because it's online, it doesn't mean that it isn't real and yes I really do think they are impressive! I love drama too.

Well it sounds to me like anxiety or not you are already doing it. It doesn't have to be a limiter, sometimes that adrenaline is exactly what you need to give a kick ass performance. I bet you wouldn't have thought you would have been able to achieve all that you have done so far, but that was you - you did that!

We're always here when you need us.

-Remi