Accepting my sexuality

lexi_bex28    

I finally accepted that I am allowed to be something other than straight and that it is okay to be bisexual or lesbian. I just wanted to share because i feel so much lighter now that I have realised it and thought that I could share it with people who know the feeling as well

Hey @lexi_bex28

Welcome to our community!

I'm so happy you feel confident to share that here, of course you are right it is completely okay to be lesbian or bisexual. I'm glad you feel lighter sharing it with us.

What are some of the thoughts that you've has to help you explore your sexuality?

Sending positive vibes your way!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I realised that when I look at girls it's not because i want to be like them or have the body that they it's because I want to spend time with them and be with them. I've had that thought floating around my head for about 6 months (however even before then for about a year I've had my doubts on how straight I am), but until now I hadn't really explored it because i didn't know how to accept it. It wasn't until a LGBT support group at my school made a poster explaining all the different types of gender and sexuality's that I actively started to analyze myself. As of now I haven't come to anyone expect for the people on this group. Although by parents support LGTQ, they don't believe that being bisexual is an actual identity and probably wouldn't support it if I did come out to them. I really just want to shout it out to the world so that i can feel free and light but i don't think that anyone would really believe or support me. I don't know what to do and I am struggling to not breakdown in a ball of stress everyday.

Hey Lexi,

Good for you that you were able to explore this openly and honestly. Some people may not understand, but that doesn't make it any less true and valid for you. If you want to tell someone that go ahead, you should.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.