Are you living an Insta lie ?

RD    

Are you living an Insta lie ?

This question is the title of the video created by this forum which deals with lies on the networks. Indeed, many people lie on Insta in order to get the attention of somebody. For exemple, I chose to talk about the "biker" in the video because he illustrates perfectly what I want to say, it's the reason why it's the lie I like best. The boy says he has done 30 km by bicycle with helmet on the post. However he lies to others about his personality and everyone who is "friend" with him on Insta, is in fact friend with the fake boy on the posts and not with him for his real personality. For me, it's disappointing to see people who lie about their personality and continue because of peer pressure. Unfortunatly, we can't trust networks.

The lie that I liked best in the video is the girl with makeup on in the morning. In this video we can see a girl who go into her bathroom to put makeup on and do her hair. Then she come back to her bed ans take a selfie. I liked this lie because it is the reflect of the actual society who is very superficial. It's also because this lie show the stigmatization of women who have to be always pretty and beautiful, even in the morning. It's realy disappointing to see that despite the times there is still peer pressure about the beauty of women. Moreover it can have a bad influence on her followers, they may think that they are less beautiful than her, that they are ugly when they are natural. I’m upset cause it can be self-detructive and I don’t understand why people are so superficial, why they lie to themself about their apparence and why they fake to be natural.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on our community. I'm glad that the message in our video is clear - it took a while to make! We are worried about the pressure that social media puts on people. People tend to just post all of the good stuff, and let's face it, life isn't all daisies and butterflies. There are struggles and imperfections everyday. We wanted to make this video to show how people put their best selves online, and with the group of friends at dinner, this shows how we can often lose the moment because we are caught up on our phones.

Do you think you'll change anything you do after watching it? :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

The lie I like the most was the healthy men. In the video, the men bought a healthy drink, took it in photo and posted it in Instagram with a description like "Healthy drink, new me " etc... After, the men tasted the drink and he didn't like it so he threw it. This situation is so representative of the actual situation in social media. This men make believe people that he is a "good men" in good health but it's false (maybe it's true but in every case he didn't drunk this bottle). This situation show us the idea of "InstaLies", people show a life that they don't have for have a good image.

Why do you need to lie on social medias ? Why do you need to pretend that you have the perfect life ?

If we take the example of the video, why are you cheating just for the picture ? You are pretending that you have a perfect moment with friends at the restaurant. You are together, spending a good time. The reality is that you are alone, each one on their phones. I chose this example because we see this kind of pictures every time. Everyone want to fake a perfect life by sharing good moments, even they are not too good than the real life. The real problem is that it can be the start of a long reflexion like " I don't have a life as amazing as that so I'm a looser, I can't be succesful in my life, ... " I think it's very important to talk about that because we can't always see the impact of our actions, we can't see that our little snowball can become a big avalanche !

Why do you need to lie on social medias ? Why do you need to pretend that you have the perfect life ?

If we take the example of the video, why are you cheating just for the picture ? You are pretending that you have a perfect moment with friends at the restaurant. You are together, spending a good time. The reality is that you are alone, each one on their phones. I chose this example because we see this kind of pictures every time. Everyone want to fake a perfect life by sharing good moments, even they are not too good than the real life. The real problem is that it can be the start of a long reflexion like " I don't have a life as amazing as that so I'm a looser, I can't be succesful in my life, ... " I think it's very important to talk about that because we can't always see the impact of our actions, we can't see that our little snowball can become a big avalanche !

Right on! People only really put the good stuff on social media and this can make people feel really bad. It can make us think that our lives aren't good enough and that they must always be perfect.

The lie I like the most was the healthy men. In the video, the men bought a healthy drink, took it in photo and posted it in Instagram with a description like "Healthy drink, new me " etc... After, the men tasted the drink and he didn't like it so he threw it. This situation is so representative of the actual situation in social media. This men make believe people that he is a "good men" in good health but it's false (maybe it's true but in every case he didn't drunk this bottle). This situation show us the idea of "InstaLies", people show a life that they don't have for have a good image.

Exactly! People often say 'doing it for instagram' just so they can take pics to show off; I'm guilty of it too! It's such a shame when we loose the actual good moment because we are so bothered about filming and taking pics :/