Back to Ditch The Label

Disability

How to convince my mother?

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 13 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    Hey,
    Thanks for responding again. Now, my uncle and I have tried very hard for a very long time to convince my mother to let me at least get a consultation from another doctor, but that only ended with my mother blaming my uncle for apparently turning me into a 'psycho'.
    And the school I go to does not actually care if one of the students is having any type of problem. I once tried to tell a teacher just to be chewed out in front of everyone.
    * My name is actually Janvi and not Javi. I hope you don't mind me calling you out.

Comment

• Comment

•  
        Hello Janvi!

Sorry I think my computer kept auto-correcting your name. People are always smelling my name wrong so I get it no worries!

Could you organise an appointment with learning support so it's not just in class. Thats a shame about your school. You may not be able to force your mum to see your way of thinking and it may be that you manage the condition on yout own for now. Could you find a support group online?

Remi

Comment

• Comment

•  
            That is actually a great idea.
            Thank you so much for helping me out.

Comment

• Comment

•  
                Hello Janvi,

How are you getting on? Did you get any closer to speaking to your Mum about a diagnosis??

Remi

Comment

• Comment

•  
                    Hey Remi,
                    Thanks for checking up on me. Suffice to say, my mom has still not been even an inch convinced. But, my father has finally decided to take a stand after my Karate Sensei told him to. So, let's see how that turns out.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 13 total)

Working...
                      X