ADHD

adlai    

sometimes I feel as if I cannot focus for the life of me. I have taken many online tests and don't want to self diagnose but they all come back as 90% or 100% that I have ADD or ADHD. I try to tell my mom but she says "well I don't think you have it or want to have it". I just don't know what to do

Hey Adlai. Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We can help you with this :)

Hmmm... so, judging by the online tests, it definitely sounds like you fit the ADHD profile. I guess my question is, do you think a label would help you? I'm wondering if you feel like you need to take it further at this point? Sometimes, people who are diagnosed with ADHD have something else going on which looks like ADHD, but it actually isn't. For example, people who struggle with anxiety can have difficulties focusing. Also, people who aren't that interested in what they're doing can have a hard time focusing too. Do you think there could be a reason for your attention difficulties?

Why don't you describe the things you struggle with and then we can come up with ways to help you together? :)

Speak soon,

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e