How should I act?

Mammu    

So, I have a very good friend. She has been in my life for half a year about now and she is my best friend. We met online and live a bit far from each other (in neighboring countries). You might ask, how a person, who you´ve never seen before can be your best friend? That´s an honest question and honestly, I don´t have an answer. But going to the point I think I have a crush on her. She´s 15 and I´m almost 14, so the age isn´t the factor. She is as I am, gay and I really like her but I´m afraid to tell her because I´m afraid to lose the ONLY support I have through hiding my sexuality and other problems as she might not feel the same. I´m also afraid to lose a friend. I really want to tell her though. She is the kindest, sweetest and the prettiest person in the world. Inside and outside. Does anyone have any suggestions, as to what I should do? It´s killing me.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Mammu Hey, I can completely understand how you can have a crush on someone that you've never met in person - there's often a huge amount of honesty in 'online' friendships / relationships and they can be successful. I guess an important point is - does she know you are gay? If not, bring it up in conversation without mentioning that you are attracted to her and see if this changes the dynamic of the friendship in a natural way. Another thing to consider is, would there be any possibility of you meeting? This would be a good way to tuque what the dynamic is like offline.

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ditch the Label Staff
Hi @Blondie

Yes, she does know, I´m gay. That´s how we met, in an LGBT+ chatting app. She is also gay herself.

One way would be to ask if she's single. But the wider picture may be tricky due to how far apart you both are. You could also try face timing / skyping to see f there's a chemistry before revealing how you feel.

Staff-Account.png