Will the Pandemic help my friendship to fade out?

OnTheBrightSide    

I had a friendship with someone who affected my mental health a lot and I told them a while ago that I want my own space. At first, they didn't take it quite well but then they came round and smiled if they saw me but that was it. Since we've been trapped at home due to the ongoing situation, they have contacted me twice. The first time, I responded with a short but polite answer which didn't leave any space for a conversation to ensue. The second time, they tried to ask for my social media accounts and I told them I didn't have any (which is true). I also told them that I was taking this time to focus on myself and my health. I haven't received another message after that. Is it possible that they got the hint that I want nothing to do with them and are now leaving me alone? Is it also possible that this pandemic could cause enough distance between us that they never contact me again?

Edited by OnTheBrightSide

Hi OnTheBrightSide,

Thanks for coming to us for support. I’m Monsoon and I’m a Digital Support Mentor here at Ditch the Label.

It sounds like you're doing a really good job at asserting your new boundaries by saying you want space. It could very well be that they got the hint, but it could also be that they are caught up in something else. If they do come back to you, it might be that you have to be more firm in what you say so that you are as clear as possible. I would wait to see what what happens, but it could be that they don't contact you again.

I hope you found this useful.

Speak soon,

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi OnTheBrightSide,

Thanks for coming to us for support. I’m Monsoon and I’m a Digital Support Mentor here at Ditch the Label.

It sounds like you're doing a really good job at asserting your new boundaries by saying you want space. It could very well be that they got the hint, but it could also be that they are caught up in something else. If they do come back to you, it might be that you have to be more firm in what you say so that you are as clear as possible. I would wait to see what what happens, but it could be that they don't contact you again.

I hope you found this useful.

Speak soon,

-Monsoon

I understand where you are coming from because that happened to me and one of my friends in the past weeks but the thing that got us talking again is a bigger and longer explanation about why you want to focus on yourself and your health it might help