I'm living with narcissist/toxic friends!?

tiramisu27    

I'm living with some toxic 'friends' from uni in my student house. They always put me down, belittled me and ostracised me. I don't know how to deal with their silent treatment and passive-aggressiveness.

I asked them if I offended them or upset but they said 'nothing's wrong'.

I've talked to them about it but they still continue to treat me like this. All I wanted was healthy friendships but I got the opposite:(

what should I do?

Hey there, @tiramisu27

I'm one of the digital support mentors here at Ditch the Label - welcome to our community :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your housemates at uni. It sounds like it has been quite stressful for you and we are here to support you through this. With friends, it can often be that they are just teasing us and don't realise how hurtful this can be. This kind of thing can often go too far. If you haven't already, it might be useful to speak to them about this as a potential option.

I'm wondering, have your friendships with them always been like this? If not, do you think there's a reason as to why things changed? Btw, you might find our support guide about friendships useful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/are-they-really-your-friend-15-signs-that-suggest-otherwise/#comment-4987977591

Hang in there, Tiramusi. We are here for you. Hope to hear back from you soon so we can support you.

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi there

They have always kind of teased me but it wasn't so bad before. Recently it just turned into actual serious insults and I told them 'it was mean and not funny' but they still do it.

I honestly have no idea what happened, they just started ignoring all my social media messages one day and I asked them if everything is alright, but they said its fine.

But they have suddenly cut off other friends without giving them an explanation before, so I assume they are doing the same.

I honestly don't know what to do, but I am grateful for your response, thank you!!

Hey @tiramisu27

I'm sorry to hear that they are still insulting you - I can't imagine how hard it must be for you having to live with people who treat you like this. Would it be possible for you to take a break from them to see if things get better?

Hang in there, Tiramisu. Sending positive vibes <3

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e