Back to Ditch The Label

Friends and Family

family & friends problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 16 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    A few days ago,my sister told my mom one of the biggest secrets that i held,my sexuality. I've only told a couple of extremely close friends about this,and I thought that I should trust my sister. She "got worried" and told my mom.
    When she found out,she started telling me that "people from the lgbtq+ community are mentally ill","you don't belong there" and "you are normal,not like them." She started threatening me,telling me that if dad finds out he'll kick me out.
    Today,she got mad at me for not coming out of my room and she's telling my dad. I don't actually think that they'll kick me out,but I know for sure that I'm not making it out "in one piece".
    The cherry on top is that my friends have been starting to not care about me,which is just making me feel worse,feeling that nobody is there for you in tough times is exasperating,it kills you on the inside. I'm trying to stay as strong as I can,not sure i'll be able to make it tho.
  •  
    Hello melanie.007

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened with your mum and sister recently. You must feel so betrayed and upset; to trust someone with such a big secret and then have the promise of secrecy broken must be really hard for you. I know that you're feeling like nobody is there for you at the moment, and I completely get why you feel like that, especially as you mom reacted badly to the news. I just know that we are here for you; you are not alone. We will help you to get through this.

Can I ask, by not being sure if you'll be able to make it, what do you mean by this? Also, when you say you're sure that you're not making it out in one piece, can you tell me what this means?

I'm wondering, is there somewhere else you could stay at the moment, or if you do get kicked out? It might be good to come up with a safety plan incase this does happen.

I hope to hear back from you soon. Stay strong, Melanie. We are here for you every step of the way.
    -Monsoon
    Last edited by Monsoon; 09-01-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Comment

•  
        (tw//suicide)I've attemped suicide multiple times in the past 2 years. We usually use "not making it out in one piece" to represent emotional and/or physical abuse. I'm Romanian😋.
        I think that I'd be able to go to someone else in case I'll be kicked out,but I'm not sure.
        Thank you for being there for me!

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hello melanie.007

We are always here for you at Ditch the Label. I'm sorry to hear that you've attempted suicide multiple times in the past two years. Can I ask, are you thinking of attempting it again?

Comment

• Comment

•  
                Yes,I am. I hate it here. I could be rethinking this decision,because I really care about a close firend,and he makes me want to live another day. But at the same time,I feel like something is always changing,and that kills me on the inside.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 16 total)

Working...
                  X