feeling lonely

Art1234    

hello,

I have never felt more lonely in my life. I hardly have 5-6 friends, I recently lost two because I changed univercity and they did not take it so well. My only friends from uni. I have always deen struggling to make friends, I am not that social and outgoing. I want to do so many things, go to parties, join clubs, find a boyfriend (I am 19, almost 20 and I have never even flirted with someone), stay out late with friends, travel, go on vaccations with my friends and so many other things but I just can't because I have no one. I know I said I have 6 friends, but we are not that close and it is not a group of frinds but rather individual friends, so you understand that exept going for coffee I can't do many activities with them. I live through other people's insta stories, I imagine myself doing stuff I will probably never do like going for drinks until 4 a.m. or generally having fun, connecting with people. Is it possible to overcome my extreme shyness or is it hopless? i also have this other problem, that I don't feel comfortable with people I find attractive in any way so instead of opening up, i turn to myself and become unattractive since I don't talk and close up. As a result I can't find friends that suit me and have the same intrerests and beliefs.

this summer my sister arranges holidays with her friends and I feel so ashamed that I won't go anywhere.

I forgot to mention that many of my friends are my sister's friends to and they prefer to hang out with her so I can't go on holidays with them and without my sister and she doesn't want to go.

Thank you for reading all this and I am really sorry for any spelling and grammatical mistakes

Hello @Art1234,

Thanks for reaching out to us. My name is Monsoon and I’m one of the digital support mentors at Ditch the Label, and I’m here to give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm so sorry for my slow reply, but I did not get a notification of your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling lonely at the moment. It's so hard when you have all of these social things that you wanna do, but don't have many people to do them with. That really hurts. I'm wondering, have you had closer friends in the past? If so, what was that like?

Also, what would you say it's like to be friends with you? :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e