Transgender tips? :/

kaylal    

Im Cami, I came out as trans (FtM) once.. but it caused lots of stress and fall outs at home and school so i said i "changed my mind"

Its all getting too much.

Edited by kaylal
Forgot to mention it was that i came out AS TRANS hehe..

Hey there Cami,

Welcome to Community. Thank you for sharing this here.

I'm sorry everything is getting a lot for you. It must be so hard that school and your family don't fully support your identity. Who you are and your gender identity are both completely valid, regardless of the opinions of others.

Do you have a family member who is more understanding than some of the others or a welfare counsellor at school.

What happened when you first came out to them?

-Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Have a read over this article by Lewis Hancock about coming out as trans as well

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/8-tips-for-coming-out-as-trans/ - He has some really good tips.

Everyone at school was extremely supportive and positive but my mum had just gone into hospital for her mental health at the time so im not sure how she took it and her boyfriend didnt get too involved.

I do have family members that could help me but the thing is that one thing that has stuck with me is i agreed with my mum that maybe a part of me coping with her being in hospital was exploring gender.

So she said

"Kayla. You're not trans"

and i just nodded.

What?!

I told a teacher why i changed my mind in the first place and she advised a website and to talk to my guidance counsellor.

I'll talk to him tomorrow and see and update on how it goes- thanks for replying

-Cami :)

p.s you replying has put me in a great mood hehe <3

Hey there Cami,

How are you today? That's really great that your school were supportive.

Your Mum sounds like she has a lot on her plate right now. Sometimes when we are struggling with our mental health, like your Mum is now, it's really hard to focus on anything else than that. So don't take it too hard that she isn't able to understand your gender identity right now.

How did it go with your guidance counsellor, did you get on with them okay?

Hope you've had a good day.

-Remi

Hey there Cami,

How are you today? That's really great that your school were supportive.

Your Mum sounds like she has a lot on her plate right now. Sometimes when we are struggling with our mental health, like your Mum is now, it's really hard to focus on anything else than that. So don't take it too hard that she isn't able to understand your gender identity right now.

How did it go with your guidance counsellor, did you get on with them okay?

Hope you've had a good day.

-Remi

I had a pretty bad day but I got over it, It was great the school was supportive and were doing great-

now they are doing the same.

It went great and he said to keep him updated with how im feeling everyday first thing and he said that he will help me tell my parents when i feel im ready :)

So overall, not the worst of bad days but i did feel like i was gonna pass out from anxiety aha, not fun.

The annoying thing is though is that my mum really does get it which in my opinion is kind of worse.

She isn't sympathetic when i'm feeling bad or self-conscious..

I was even going to show her Explaining My Depression To My Mother- A Conversation by Sabrina Benaim.. but then i thought..

No, She won't even care- she'll have some random things to say and then we'll fight and that's it. Forgotten whilst she's letting her Bipolar take over her personality,

But I'm tolerating healthily

<3 - C.

Hey hey Cami,

I'm sooo glad it went well with the guidance counsellor and that you get on with him. This is such great news. It may have been nerve-wracking but you went so give yourself a big pat on the back.

Give your mum some time to heal herself and hopefully she will come around. If not, sometimes we have to accept that the people we love don't really 'get' us - which is a really tough thing to acknowledge,

Sending lots of positive vibes your way Cami! XD

Hey hey Cami,

I'm sooo glad it went well with the guidance counsellor and that you get on with him. This is such great news. It may have been nerve-wracking but you went so give yourself a big pat on the back.

Give your mum some time to heal herself and hopefully she will come around. If not, sometimes we have to accept that the people we love don't really 'get' us - which is a really tough thing to acknowledge,

Sending lots of positive vibes your way Cami! XD

OML REMIIIIIIII

MY MUM KNOWS IM TRANS

SHE DOESNT CARE AS LONG AS IM HAPPYYYYY

SHE IS TRYING TO GET GENDER THERAPYYYYYY

only because i had a bad day then got caught with "weapons" at school and my guidance had to tell my mu..

BUT ITS DONE AND IM SO HAPPPPPPYYYYYY

-CCCCCCCCC

<333

Heeeeeyyyy Cami!

That is such amazing news, I am so happy for you yeewwwww!!!!

What kinda weapons was it at school? Nothing dangerous I hope?

I bet you feel a big sense of relief now that she knows and is supportive.

XD

-Remi

Heeeeeyyyy Cami!

That is such amazing news, I am so happy for you yeewwwww!!!!

What kinda weapons was it at school? Nothing dangerous I hope?

I bet you feel a big sense of relief now that she knows and is supportive.

XD

-Remi

it was a sharpener blade (+screwdriver)

it's a massive weight off my chest!!

<3

-Cami

Hey Cami,

Why are you carrying those things at school - is it to do some harm to yourself? Should we talk about some safer alternatives to help you release stress and emotion?

-Remi

Hey Cami,

Why are you carrying those things at school - is it to do some harm to yourself? Should we talk about some safer alternatives to help you release stress and emotion?

-Remi

Hiya Remi,

Yes it was but I am still 5 weeks clean

woop woop!

-Cami

Hey Cami,

How was your weekend?

5 weeks? That is great, I'm proud of you for that. Just a thought though, if you give them to an adult to bin then you can get rid of any further temptation which might help?

What do you think?

How are things with Mom?

-Remi