Back to Ditch The Label

Can someone tell me what I'm experiencing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 15 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    So I've been confused about my gender lately. I've always identified as female. But when i imagine myself i see myself as a neutral human being. Sometimes saying "woman" feels too bold for me.but i never really experienced dysphoria. I've always been obsessed with this idea of nothingness though , of being neutral.So i guess it's normal to think of my gender. I dress neutral.i don't want to be masculine or too feminine. I am comfortable being a girl and I don't mind it. But this idea and secret desire to be neutral is haunting me. Also wierd thing but i recently lost a lot of weight and i like the fact that my chest got smaller. It's flat but it's not. It's neutral.
    I don't know what i am or what i could be. I think am just a stupid teenager. Can someone tell me or give any advice?

•  
    Hi Random,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are here to support you through this

It sounds like you're possibly feeling a bit conflicted about your gender identity at the moment, is that fair to say? There are a lot of people in the same situation as you, so you are not alone.

It is perfectly normal to question your gender. Although this can be a frustrating process, it really does just take time to come to a deeper understanding of yourself. I guess at this point, the only thing we can advise you to do is to trust this process and follow your instincts. Everything will get better, but it will take time.

It might even be that you choose not to put a label on it for the time being. As I said, you will understand more as time goes on, so maybe you can try your best to make peace with the uncertainty for now?

I hope this helps

-Monsoon

Comment

• Comment

•  
        i've been thinking of talking about this to a therapist . Not a gender therapist because i dont think they exist in my country.Do you think it's a good idea? also is it okay to adopt a label at this early stage or is it better to just leave it as is? i think even if i adopt a label just to make myself feel better because i tend to obsess over things , i will keep it to myself untill i'm certain.

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hey Random. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I would definitely recommend talking to a therapist as they will be able to help guide you through this tricky time. Have you tried looking for a gender therapist in your country?

Regarding a label, it is completely up to you. You know what will help you at this moment in time. Even if the label changes over time, that is fine and as long as you feel it helps, then that's all that matters

- Monsoon

Comment

• Comment

•  
                You have no idea how happy your response made me. I told my therapist about it. She didn't say anything but I'm gonna go see her for a session soon. I'm contemplating telling a friend but I'm not sure. Is it a good idea? How do i tell them? Also how do you tell people to use they/them pronouns? I wanna try them out because i thought about it and it made me happy.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 15 total)

Working...
                  X