Questioning, I guess

LoganDunbar    

See, im confused. I am a male, but I really LOVE womens clothes and makeup, Im very neutral in the way I act, most people can't even tell i'm gay, would I be non-bionary? Im just really looking for confirmation

Hey @LoganDunbar

Thank you for explaining your situation to me. I completely get why you are confused, and it's good that you're asking people for help on this. I am wondering, can you explain what your understanding of being non-binary is? This will help me to see what you know and how it applies to your life :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @LoganDunbar

Great to hear from you :)

So, yeah, you're right. Being non binary means that you don't identify your gender as male nor female, man nor woman, masculine nor feminine.

Maybe you could have a look at these two (there's a video and an article):

1) https://www.glaad.org/amp/9-young-people-explain-what-being-non-binary-means-them

2) https://www.ditchthelabel.org/what-does-it-mean-to-be-non-binary/

What do you think of this information?

Thanks for sending those, I apreciate it :)

To be honest I kinda veiw myself that way anyway, so I just like don't know how people I know would react. Cuz most of everyone I know is homophobic

Hey @LoganDunbar

Thanks for getting back to me and telling me that that’s how you identify. Acknowledging your identity is one of the first important steps along your journey. So, would you identify as non-binary then? If so, how does it feel to say that? Just remember that you don’t have to label yourself either. You can just be you, label free :)

Hello again@LoganDunbar :)

That’s good to hear. So many people want to know which label fits them, which is totally understandable! Labels can be both positive and negative, so it’s important that you do what’s right for you, and if you want to be label free, then you do you!

What do you reckon?

• 3 months later...

Hey! I just wanted to remind you that gender expression does not have to correlate with gender identity! That’s right! So you could feel strongly comfortable being a male, but preferring to wear feminine clothing over masculine clothing, or you could be nonbinary and still present feminine if you’re female at birth or masculine if your male at birth. Or you could be nonbinary and prefer to dress femininely as some nonbinary male at birth people do! There’s many ways to be nonbinary or trans the same way as there are many ways to be cis. It all depends what feels right for you.

Personally, I’m nonbinary AFAB (assigned female at birth) and I like to be perceived androgynously but more on the masculine end most of the time, though sometimes I’m fine wearing typically feminine clothing and that doesn’t make me any less nonbinary, that’s just my individual experience with my gender identity and gender expression, and everyone’s is different. 

Let me know if this clears anything up, or confuses you even more. Not having labels is completely valid too!

Edited by Foggy_the_enby