Telling Mom

Hunter_Cahours    

Hello there so my mom and I are very close and I really don't know how to tell hernor even what I should tell her but I do find myself attracted towards transgender male to female or feminine crossdressing males I don't find myself attracted to females at all like yes they look good but I don't feel connected towards them like all the females ive been with has been a disaster and my ex who is trans we dated for 3 years longer than any relationship I had with a female so what do i do

Hello @Hunter_Cahours

That's great that you have such a close relationship with your mom. What is it exactly you want her to know and what would you like her reaction to be?

For me personally I didn't tell my mum all the different people I was attracted to because I didn't feel she needed to know although she knows I am bisexual.

It's up to you if and how you would like to tell her that.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Okay, I might be able to help you a lot here.

Im currently trying a relationship with someone trans (f-m). I'm close to my mom too, and just a few weeks ago, I told her about our relationship. She was totally cool with it. Now, considering you are close to your mom, I'd say that if you really want to tell her, and you feel instinctively that you can and want to, do it.

Here are some ways you can do so:

- Text her - you text her while you're out so you don't see her initial reaction,

- Write a note - you could leave this and go out too so you don't see her initial reaction,

- Tell her face to face,

- Go for a walk with her and talk to her about it (how I did it)

- Tell her in the car.

There are probably other ways, but those are what I can think of.

Also, you can't help who you're attracted to, so you to even tell her is something you should be well proud of when you do. Maybe, if you haven't already, try bringing in an LBGT topic to conversation, or make up a story and see how she reacts/feels. If she reacts well and you're confident, go in for the kill; if not, maybe consider trying it another way, or don't tell her for now. It is your decision at the end of the day, you don't have to tell her.

I hope this helps in come way :)