I had a weird/cool dream

idkwhoiam ย  ย 

There's a guy in the year above me (m17) at school who I noticed looking at me for a few days? weeks? recently. I (f17) did a maths competition with him almost 4 years ago but I haven't spoken to him since. So I noticed him noticing me and I'm not used to this kind of attention so I would avoid his eye contact.

A few days ago I had a dream and the only part of it I can remember is him crying because "I don't like him in *that* way", he wasn't talking to me but he was nearby and saying it so I could hear him, I kind of scoffed in the dream but I felt bad at the same time. I realise this is pretty self-absorbed, I'm kind of ashamed aha

The morning after I had that dream I go into school and see him, expecting the same looks as usual but it's like I don't exist any more, he ignores me like anyone else I don't know. It's weird because it was like the dream I had switched something off?? (I have regrets now because he is beautiful lmao) And also you know the thing if you have a dream about someone, that means they're awake and thinking about you aaaaa

ย 

TL;DR - I thought this guy had a crush on me, had a dream where he cried about me and now he seems to have gone off me

ย 

Not really looking for any advice but it would be cool to see what the rest of y'all think

• Ditch the Label Staff

@idkwhoiam Hey! I'm fascinated by dreams as, as well as some just being super odd, I think they're a way of processing our lives and airing our worries and concerns. I'm wondering if this guy was looking at you hoping to catch your eye and get a response?

Staff-Account.png

Me too I love googling what my dreams mean, this one was so specific though!

I was wondering about that as well, I felt bad so I started smiling at him again and ended up partly included in a conversation involving him so now I guess he's back noticing me again?

ย 

I would just be more friendly with him but he's one of a few people I can't tell if I have feelings for (let's call him Z), yesterday I saw him in the gym when I went with another of these people (let's call her V) and he looked at me at some point, but I had the feeling it would be unfair to V for some reason, maybe because I don't want her to think I'm straight??

• Ditch the Label Staff

I would just be chill and interact with him in as natural way as possible. (Although saying that if I'm a bit nervous I suddenly forget how to stand 'normally' and overthink 'what do I usually do with my arms?') :D Just allow conversation with both Z and V to develop naturally.

Staff-Account.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing well at having normal conversations with V now, I literally have no opportunity to talk to Z ever so I'm not really worried about that tbh. Glad it's not just me that overthinks everything!

รขโ„ขยก

• Like 1