Anxiety , Depression and excessive sweating

Ajithck ย  ย 

I have been suffering from severe anxiety , depression since my child hood and it is badly affecting my social interaction and professional life. As per the advise from psychiatrist i;m taking zapiz and nexito for controlling the social phobia and excessive sweating. I hope this community can immensely help me to recover from this embarrassing situation ,, I feel like dying every day,,,Any way to over come this or suggestion to decrease would be much appreciated

Hey there. Thanks for coming to us for support. We are here to help you and you are not alone.

ย 

I can't imagine how hard this must be for you to deal with, but it's really great that you're getting help from your psychiatrist and that you've come to us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel like dying everyday. I'm wondering if you're in crisis and need support. Can I check, do you have a plan to take your own life? Please know that you are strong and it's likely that this feeling will pass. We hope you are safe and once we hear back from you, we can help you more with this. If you are feeling suicidal, here's some helpful info:

ย 

UK: The Samaritans - 116 123 (This is a 24/7 service)

USA: NSPL - 1-800-273-8255 (This is a 24/7 service)

This link will give you a list of all crisis lines worldwide: https://www.befrienders.org

ย 

You can also call your doctor or go to any emergency department and ask for help. I have also attached a sheet which is really good at helping people who feel suicidal stay alive.

ย 

Has the medication been working for you? I hope it's managed to take some of the edge off. I wonder if you could get some therapy as well? Having medication and therapy at the same is one of the best ways to combat mental health.

ย 

For the anxiety with social interaction, have you seen our support article on this? Here's the link: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/7-tips...ocial-anxiety/ Also, you might find these other ones helpful too: 25 Ways To Practice Self-Care & A Guide to Overcoming Stress รขโ‚ฌโ€œ Stress Reprogramming

ย 

One of the first things you can do to help yourself is being open about what you're going through. You're already on medication and talking about it, so you're doing really well :)

ย 

I wonder, what things have you done to help your mental health in the past? It will be really nice to hear what works for you and what you could do more of. Let me know what you think of all this. We hope to hear back from you soon.

ย 

Hang in there.

ย 

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi

ย 

Many thank for getting back to me with lots of suggestion for facing my problems.

ย 

I would like to answer the query one by one

ย 

i)I don't have any suicidal tendency so far, As i mentioned earlier all this thing were started in my childhood

ย 

I had a stammering problem early in my age which actually stop me to socialize with friends and family then i decided get a move on and try to change the way and i was fortunate enough to overcome this problem at the age of 20 then after sweating started. It was not worst in the initial stage as it comes once in a month so i keep ignoring things, lately i found that it become severe and due to this extra tension depression and anxiety are also affected my body.

ย 

As far as i know i'm a strong person working in an IT sector and planning to go to USA next year(waiting for the spouse visa)but before that i would really need to work on this things

ย 

I'm doing

ย 

daily walking for 15 minitue

ย 

Meditation for 20 minuet(2 times)

ย 

Medication Zapis and Nexito(1 time)

ย 

Dr ask me to continue this medicine for one year then she guaranteed to start the CBT.(Coginitive behaviour therapy)

ย 

Could you please advise what else should i need to do to control this sweating .,

I strongly believe the root cause of all problem is excessive sweating if i can eliminate or rather control it, i;m sure i can get over from the other mental disease.

Many thanks for your response in advance

ย 

Hey AJ,

ย 

Thanks for getting back to me :). I'm glad that you'll be starting therapy a year after your medication. CBT is a really successful therapy programme for dealing with anxiety. I work in the field of psychology alongside working for DTL, and I understand that excessive sweating is actually because of anxiety.

ย 

When we get anxious, our body begins to prepare for the flight or fight response as we think there's a threat when there's not. Because of this, our body gets all warmed up and ready to run (flight) or fight, and the sweating then happens to cool our body down. The way to reduce the sweating is to reduce the anxiety which hopefully your medication and CBT will do.

ย 

When you start to have anxious thoughts, do you do anything to try to stop or reduce them? If so, let me know what you're doing and I could suggest how to build on those things.

ย 

Hang in there - you're doing great.

-Monsoon

Edited by Monsoon

Hi

ย 

Many thanks for your lively support and much appreciate with the way

you are supporting me to get over from this embarssing situation.

ย 

I completely agree with your statement "excessive sweating" is due to the anxiety disorder and i believe it is inherited from my parent (My father has social phobia). i.m not feel comfortable when i'm around people , i have wild imagination like people are judging me and they will find that i have this excessive sweating and make a fun of my incapabilites. This kinds of wild thoughts almost limited in me in getting into front but still my job demands good communication and people management and for a greater extends i'm glad to say that i'm managing it.

I have tried anlaysing breath when i falls to thinks kind of embarssing situation and i believe it did help me for a shorter span of time and after some time i will get back to the normal sweating mode.

ย 

I tried to calm down my heart rate but sill the excessive sweating make the scene worse . I wish i had a with out this.

Do you mind sharing your phone number so that i can reach at you.

ย 

I stronlgly believe i can handle this situation with your suggestion and advise.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hey AJ. Thanks for getting back to me :).

ย 

I'm glad to hear that your managing your job. I know why you feel embarrassed about the sweating and it's totally normal to feel like that, but the other person might not even notice. Has anyone ever pointed it out? If they do it in future, maybe you could just be open and honest about why you sweat so much? That way, you might become less scared of it happening. It sounds like you're worrying about the sweating and that you're scared of people judging you for it, is that right? I'm sure that people will understand and won't judge you for it if they know the reason. People are becoming more and more aware, accepting, and supportive of mental health difficulties these days.

ย 

Btw, did you take a look at the articles I sent to you in my first reply? You might find helpful things there. Also, next time you start to have anxious thoughts, maybe you could take yourself off to somewhere quiet, plug your earphones in, and listen to a short breathing or meditation video. What do you think of that?

ย 

I know you can get through this. You seem really hopeful and you're getting a lot of help, but it might be that you just need to be patient with this process. As time goes on, the meds will work more and more and you'll move closer to therapy. You're on a journey and it will get better for you.

ย 

Btw, I sadly don't have a number to be contacted on for work at the moment. Are you happy to keep on messaging?

ย 

Stay strong, AJ. Speak soon.

-Monsoon

Many thanks for getting back to me and providing the lively support.

ย 

I guess the medication and meditation start working now as i can see that amount of sweating is decreased drastically for the last few weeks and i hope it still continue for a longer period of time so that i can go back to my normal life and live like a normal person.

ย 

People were not aware about my sweating until it gets worse in the last few years , they started noticing and many of them has asked about this and which make me sweat more than normal.

ย 

I really accept this and i understood its a part of my life style which i need to carry on with me unless an effective method found .

ย 

I had a look at the website link provided and i glad that you shared it with me , infact it will contains a lots of information which will helps me to progress with my life.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hey AJ. It's great to hear from you again :)

ย 

I'm so pleased to hear that your medication is starting to work. I can see that the sweating was really bothering you and probably causing you to feel more on edge. I think that if people notice and you feel like you need to bring it up, it would really help to just be honest about it. Having such open and honest conversations about our struggles can help to take some of the weight off our shoulders.

ย 

Maybe as a next step, you could think about trying some of the techniques from the links I sent to you earlier on. Do any of them stand out to you in particular?

ย 

- Monsoon

ย 

Many thanks for the update.

ย 

Now i'm trying the acceptance method but there were incident which pull me down and deeply affected my confidence level.

ย 

I love my job , career and family which always help me to stand alone my feet and get the confidence back.

ย 

As i said earlier i'm trying many techniques to calm down my mind in a distress situation , mindfulness medtiation and daily walking are all part of this .

ย 

Do you recommend any other technique apart from this pls

Hey :)

ย 

It sounds like you're already doing a lot to help yourself which is good. We do have a support guide which has more general tips for stress relief here: https://hub.coronavirus.ditchthelabel.org/99-ways-to-combat-stress-during-lockdown/

ย 

Also, do you find the meditation helpful? If so, here's a support guide which lists great phone apps for mindfulness. https://hub.coronavirus.ditchthelabel.org/10-mindfulness-apps-you-need-to-download-to-bring-some-zen-to-your-life/

ย 

Let me know what you think of these. You're doing so well. It's great to see you helping yourself in so many different ways. Keep going!

Hi

ย 

Many thanks for be with me again and again.

ย 

I had a look on the calm technique mentioned in the link and im really glad to say that it is very useful. Most of them are i started doing .

ย 

Do you think the counselling will help to improve the confidence and remove the negativity?

ย 

If you can provide a number of doctor who is good in counselling classes it would be really helpful i guess

ย 

Hey AJ. I'm glad you found the calming exercises helpful. Have you used them when you've felt really anxious yet? They are too good at calming people down, and you can usually always find somewhere quiet in public/work to do them :)

ย 

I definitely think counselling will help with your confidence and removing negativity. Although we cannot recommend good doctors, it would be good to speak with your doctor about counselling sessions. I know your doctor mentioned the CBT - I wonder if you could ask them to start sooner?

ย 

Hope this helps.

ย 

- Monsoon

Many thanks for getting back to me.

ย 

Yes i would like to start the session asap as i'm not feel good about the way life is going. Every day or every moment is like a challeng, if some one say some thing

it is going to hurts us and we are gonna think about this in the rest of the day.

ย 

Its really a kind of weird feeling no one can understand except onewho are facing it and surviving it.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย