Political disagreements.

pricelessppp    

How do you handle slight political disagreements with other people? Like if someone brings up a touchy subject that you happen to disagree with. And they normally wish you get sick or scream in your face. How do you handle that?

Hi @pricelessppp

Ohh, this is a tricky one - politics is such a heated topic! What do you mean by the get sick or scream in your face bit? Is this what someone has said to you when you've disagreed?

I think that when it comes to political conversations, it's important to set ground rules to make sure that it stays respectful and mature. People get really passionate about politics, and if you do your best to make sure you stay calm, then the other person usually comes down from their fury if they're getting all frustrated.

However, if someone is wishing that you get sick and screams in your face, the best way to handle this is to walk away, and then, once they've calmed down, communicate to them how it made you feel. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

People usually wish you get COVID if you disagree with someone slightly. Then they start the name like you dirty Neo Nazi or some crap like that. And when you slightly disagree with pro choice or BLM a or this gender neutral bathroom or keeping sports separate between the two genders. You normally get threatened or screamed at. Also they try to guilt trip you for living & being born in the United States heck they even go as far as busting on you for being Christian too. Also thing is about trying to reason with someone democrats can not be talked to like adults.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @pricelessppp

I'm sorry, I didn't get the notification that you replied. I'm wondering, why do you think those people respond so strongly to some of the views you have? Also, out of curiosity, what would you say some of your beliefs are about topical issues like BLM, politics, or transgender equality?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e