Alternative to cutting?

Quinn675    

I relapsed last night and started cutting again for the first time in a year. My mom found out and took the razor that I kept but I still really want to cut. I need some alternatives so that I don’t cut again. If anyone has any ideas please share because I am really close to just cutting again

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey Quin,

thanks for sharing. Have you tried any of these? I particularly like the ice cube and elastic band alternatives. What do you think?

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/

Staff-Account.png

Hey @Quinn675

I'm sorry things are getting tough again. I know you want to cut right now but well done for not cutting. Have you tried getting a red pen and drawing on your arm? When I feel stressed I like to write my feelings out on a piece of paper, even if it's just a few things and it really helps me feel heard in myself.

We are here for you. Whatever you need.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I’ve been cutting for 20 years or more. I’ve tried almost everything. One thing that helps me is music I write down some of the songs lyrics . Music and drawing have been my two best things when you wanna cut. I’m not saying it’s easy but if you try things it might distract you enough to not cut. And talking to my counsellor.hang in there!

Hello @Kin ]

Thanks for this tip, so helpful, writing lyrics sounds like a great idea and i'm glad it has helped you for so many years.

Stay strong.

Remi

• 2 months later...

I almost started to cut myself, the knife was against my skin, but my best friend (ex-boss friend now) talked me out of it. Having a friend to just tall to and tell them everything really helps. I also like listening to music. I have music playing from when I get up, to CDS at night to help me fall asleep. Just listen to the songs and let them distract you from cutting. It has worked for me. You can do it, I believe in you! Things will get better

Hey Anthony,

I'm so glad you have found some safer alternatives and distractions techniques to cutting. Music is such a wonderful outlet for emotion.

-Remi