not coping during lockdown

richerez    

You're not the only one, trust me.

No matter how much sleep I get, I feel like a zombie. I'm missing everyone, I'm missing people in general, and I'm over thinking everything. And a bunch of my personal issues have gotten worse too. I fully respect the whole lockdown thing, but I can't emphasise enough how much it's impacted some people. You're not the only one

Hey Richerez. I think loads of people are struggling with lockdown. Our lives have changed so much overnight really, so I think it's normal to be struggling. Many of us are processing the temporary loss of our old lives and that's a lot to deal with, so please know that it's okay to struggle.

I wonder, have you seen our coronavirus support hub on our homepage? There are plenty of support articles there which can help with mental health and stress. Take a look and let me know what you think :). Here are some guides you might find useful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coronavirus

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coronavirus

Hope you find this helpful.

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

You're not the only one, trust me.

No matter how much sleep I get, I feel like a zombie. I'm missing everyone, I'm missing people in general, and I'm over thinking everything. And a bunch of my personal issues have gotten worse too. I fully respect the whole lockdown thing, but I can't emphasise enough how much it's impacted some people. You're not the only one

hello again, marv :)

Yeah I completely get what you're saying. It's so hard to basically go from normal life to not seeing family and friends for months on end. I wonder, could you maybe reach out to some friends and host a quiz or something? This is great fun during this tricky time. Also, when you start to wind yourself up with overthinking, why don't you try writing down the negative thoughts you have during the day and them aggressively rip them up at the end of the day? Many people find this quite relaxing :)

@Monsoon I love the idea of writing down negative thoughts and then ripping them up!!! That's such a good idea, I think I might try that.

I am actually writing a book about my struggles and journey at the moment with the intention of one day publishing it! it's good to get the stuff down; it makes me happy that one day it might help someone else like me, but it's also good because I'm kinda venting at the same time? all my thoughts and stuff, so that helps a lot.

@Monsoon I love the idea of writing down negative thoughts and then ripping them up!!! That's such a good idea, I think I might try that.

I am actually writing a book about my struggles and journey at the moment with the intention of one day publishing it! it's good to get the stuff down; it makes me happy that one day it might help someone else like me, but it's also good because I'm kinda venting at the same time? all my thoughts and stuff, so that helps a lot.

Hey Marv :). That's a great idea. It deffo sounds like a good way to vent and I think that when we write down our thoughts, worries, and anxieties, it can give them less power which helps us to overcome whats getting to us. Maybe if you feel ready, you could share parts of it here? It might help other people going through something similar.

-Monsoon

That's a good idea @Monsoon

Before the pandemic, I was really really active on here and I was hoping to look into like ambassador stuff but I got hooked up in everything. I think I will start putting parts of it on here actually. Can I just post in these forums or is there anywhere I can post? Hopefully I can publish it some day, the book is currently being drafted out :D

That's a good idea @Monsoon

Before the pandemic, I was really really active on here and I was hoping to look into like ambassador stuff but I got hooked up in everything. I think I will start putting parts of it on here actually. Can I just post in these forums or is there anywhere I can post? Hopefully I can publish it some day, the book is currently being drafted out :D

Hey Marv :)

You can post it here, but maybe you could make another post just for it so more can find it? :) Thanks!