Not even sure where to start...

Raven089    

It's been a very rough past 12 months and since everyone has been struggling with the world at the moment I have had sparse contact with my therapist and since my closest friend is also struggling I don't feel quite as comfortable putting all my issues on her at the moment.

Hey Raven. Thanks for reaching out to us. We are here to support you and you are not alone :). I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough 12 months. Would you like to tell me more about what's going on for you at the moment? I will then be able to give you more support once I know the situation properly. Also, is there a chance you can have more consistent contact with your therapist now? Many therapists are doing therapy online through Skype and things like that.

I wonder, what things have you done before or could do to help you get through a tough time? Maybe it might be time to go back to those things that have helped you in the past. I call these 'finding pockets of joy' in your day-to-day life. Try to do at least one good thing a day that you really enjoy :).

Hope to hear back from you soon, Raven. Hang in there.

- Monsoon

Edited by Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Last year about 8-9 months ago I kicked out my now ex fiance. Which kicked an existing fight with depression and anxiety into overdrive. And now nearly every facet of my life is stressful, even without the covid situation.

Finances at home. Work is stressful. My relationship with my closest friend causes issues for me on a regular basis.

It's been a back and forth struggle with anxiety and depression. And on top of that I go in and out of bouts of being hyper sensitive and empathic.

I have been constantly drained of energy as even my own presence is draining.

Hey Raven. Sorry to hear about all that you've been going through. I think lockdown is hard enough without having to go through all of those things you've just mentioned. It must be really getting to you, but you're doing the right thing by reaching out :)

I think it might be helpful for you to make a list of the problems and think about which ones need immediate attention. Once you work out the biggest problem, you can then start figuring out how you're going to tackle them. Having the plan might help take some pressure off yourself. What do you think?

It could be useful for you to think about what kinds of things have helped you during stressful periods in the past. Now sounds like the right time to really use your expertise in the same way you've done for your own problems in the past. Do you think there are ways you could help yourself right now that you've done before? Let me know what you think of this.

Also, you may be able to find some tips here:

99 ways to combat stress during lockdown

The mental health benefits of having a routine and how it can help you combat coronavirus blues

A Guide to Overcoming Stress – Stress Reprogramming

Remember, you are not alone and we are here for you. Take care.

-Monsoon

Edited by Monsoon

Hey Raven. Thanks for getting back to me. How's your mental health at the moment? I hope you're doing a bit better. It must be hard for you going through all of this, but you're doing well and it's great that you're asking for support. I know you say you're introspective, but it's so useful to take a step back from our thoughts and feelings and work on something to help our mental health. Have you had a look at the articles I linked you to? It would be helpful for you to give the tips a go. They might work, they might not, but it's worth a try. What do you think?

Hang in there.

-Monsoon