This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Should I reach out to someone about my mental health?

Sophie_365    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi I'm Sophie and I'm in my first year of uni. I really like it and I love the people I'm working with. I also train a lot and I work in a bakery. It is all very fun to do, but sometimes it's too much. A lot of nights I feel overwhelmed and stressed and I am terrible at resting. Last year I was in a very bad place mentally. I got help and I was happy. It was a long process and a very hard one, also for my parents. Right now, I'm not happy. I'm not as sad as I was last year, but don't feel that good. I am a lot of the time not hungry and I overeat a lot, I'm always tired and I'm very moody.

Here is my question, should I tell anyone? And if I do, how and who? I don't want my parents to feel the same way as I made them feel last year. And I don't even know how to say that. I could tell my friends I guess because I know a few of my friends have been through the same. But if they say I have to get help, I'll have to tell my parents and I don't want that. But I don't even know if I should get help or tell anyone because it could just be stress and not be anything serious. Can somebody please help me? I don't know what to do.

Edited by Daisie
  • Like 1

Hey @Sophie_365

It's nice to hear from you again :). I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy right now. I think that it would be best if you tell whoever you're comfortable with. Who did you think would be best to tell right now to get the right support again?

Hang in there, Sophie. It's good that you're reaching out and talking about this. You're halfway there already :)

Edited by Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 7 months later...

hi Sophie. 

I'm so sorry for your situation. 

But luckily, you've found out that you have depression which is quite hard to accept for someone. 

Knowing that you have depression is the first step to treat it. It would be fine if you reach out to someone about your problem. If you have a best friend, tell them. or you mom, your family.... anyone that makes you feel safe and comfortable to be with. You should visit a psychologist also (in case you need to treat by drugs...). 

I'm so sorry for my English but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. 

I'm looking forward for your update. 

Get well soon, stay safe! 

X.O.X

• Like 1

9 hours ago, janet hoang said:

hi Sophie. 

I'm so sorry for your situation. 

But luckily, you've found out that you have depression which is quite hard to accept for someone. 

Knowing that you have depression is the first step to treat it. It would be fine if you reach out to someone about your problem. If you have a best friend, tell them. or you mom, your family.... anyone that makes you feel safe and comfortable to be with. You should visit a psychologist also (in case you need to treat by drugs...). 

I'm so sorry for my English but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. 

I'm looking forward for your update. 

Get well soon, stay safe! 

X.O.X

Thanks for this encouraging post :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e