I don’t know if someone leaked a video of mine

confusedanon    

I was sending my boyfriend a video of myself (it didn’t show my face or body - but it did include my fingers, which had what you might be able to guess on them). I found out that I accidentally uploaded it to my snapchat story and got several snaps from people asking what was going on. I took it down when it was at 11 views and 1 screenshot. I talked to 6 of those people about it, and I’m pretty sure I convinced them that I was hacked. I made a new snapchat story explaining how I think I was hacked and denied the video being mine. One person was skeptical because the video said “memories from a month ago.� I then had to talk to the person who screen recorded and he apparently sent it to a group chat of 4 guys (5 including him). He sent me his screen recording, claimed that only one of the guys saw it, said he deleted it, and told me to act like none of it ever happened (he said he didn’t want any beef). I’m just afraid for the other few people who I didn’t clear things up with individually. I should note that I’m 17 and many of the people who saw were 18. I’m not afraid to go to the police if that screen recording gets leaked, but in the meantime, I’m feeling extremely anxious. High school ends in a few months, and I barely see anyone at school with all of our COVID restrictions, so I have that going for me. My boyfriend and best friend think it won’t go any further, but I was hoping someone could give me further reassurance or advice. Thank you :(

Hey Confusedanon,

Welcome to our support community. My name is Monsoon and I’m one of the digital mentors here at Ditch the Label. It’s my job to give advice and support to our members :)

I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious about your situation - this is a completely normal reaction to what’s happened - how are you feeling at the moment? I’ve supported many people in your kind of situation and I find that if the picture/video were to get leaked, it is most likely to happen immediately. Now that it has been a day or so, it is highly likely to all be okay from now. What do you think?

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e