Sent dirty messages and regret it

undercover00    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

So I started talking to a girl I met on a friends discord who goes to a different school and we got along very well and after a while, we started talking on Snapchat and discord where we would send dirty messages to each other. a few weeks later and shes gotten with someone else in the discord who goes to my school and has now leaked images of the embarrassing messages from me to the girl, I act like I'm going along with the joke as I said some embarrassing and cringe-worthy things but he keeps posting different messages and Im worried he will post an image of me in my boxers which I sent to the girl after she sent me pictures of her thighs. Im super embarrassed but I keep laughing it off and Im worried more people in my school will find out and bully me for it I've only told a few very close friends about the whole situation from my perspective but i don't know what to do now.

Hey@jj_undercover

Welcome to our community :). I'm one of the digital mentors at Ditch the Label and I'm here to give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

Thank you for telling us about what has been going on. I completely get why you would be worried in this situation, but just know that things can be done to stop this from happening and you've come to the right place.

Can I just check, do you know how he has got the messages from the girl? I think that you need to figure out if the girl is giving the messages to him first, or if he is looking at them without her permission. I wonder if it could be helpful to tell the guy how it's making you feel? He might not realise that it's worrying you, and having a kind and gentle conversation with him might make him stop sharing them.

Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Im almost certain that she sent the screenshots to him because she started ignoring me and talking to him. I also am pretty sure that if I have a serious conversation with him about it he will just laugh it off and carry on. thanks for responding

• Solution

Hello @jj_undercover

Ah, yeah, that makes sense that she sent them to him. At this stage, as you don't know if she has sent the pics on or not, there isn't much that can be done apart from asking her to not share the photos and then delete them. Could it be worth having a go at this? Many people think this won't work, but it actually often does. Also, you could try reporting her account for sending the screenshots. You could also report the guy who is posting them too. What do you think?

Just keep in mind that by her having the pictures, she is committing a crime as you are underage. Do you think she knows this? It could be useful to remind her as this can be reported to the police.

Btw, you might find this website helpful if the pictures do get leaked as well: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/04/27/what-to-do-if-someone-leaked-your-nudes-reporting-to-protecting/

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e