I feel lonely and as if everyone around me just wants me for help.

Jordand    

Hi! For the past months I’ve been feeling very lonely and sad. Some nights the only thought that comes to my mind is the amount of sadness I carry with me. And that makes me cry so bad. Also, I truly believe my friends stay by my side because I’m always able to help them or cheer them up, and sometimes it gets really overwhelming because I don’t even know how to deal with my own issues, let alone knowing how to deal with theirs. Is that some kind of normal feeling?

Hey @Jordand,

I can super relate to this. I feel like I am always the one that gives support to my friends but I feel like I don't always know how to ask for support or how to say no when I'm burnt out.

It sounds like you are a very good friend and that your friends respect your opinion and you or they wouldn't go to you for help would they? You are human, its completely normal to feel overwhelmed when supporting people, you cannot give from an empty cup so just make sure you are making time to self care and let your friends know what you are having a day when you are unable to support them.

Do you know what you are sad about and have you talked to anyone about this. Sometimes sadness is a good thing, we are meant to be sad sometimes and it is neccessary but if you are feeling like you are sad more than feeling happy then it's good to explore what might be making you feel this way.

We're here for you.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Thank you very much, having someone to tell your things to is really nice.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way about giving and not knowing how to ask for help.

I’ve been thinking for a long time about the whole feeling sad thing, and I’ve come to the realization that the only reason behind that is that I feel so lonely and lost. I feel like I’m just wandering around with no target, just getting through life.

thanks for the attention.

Hey @Jordand

Yeah, I feel that. The thing is once you start recognising it then you can start putting in more boundaries up for your friends.

So let's try and get you found again Jordan. What do you enjoy, what are you good at, what makes your soul happy? A lot of us get into periods where we lack direction and are not sure of our next steps but you can change this way of thinking so let's work on it together?

-Remi

I used to love reading, now I don’t do it anymore because it brings me anxiety, but anyway, I love listening to music and classic movies, although I don’t really think music makes me happy; the times when I feel happier are when I’m drawn into my deepest thoughts of a perfect future, or a different life, when I create an alternative to my feelings and then I’d just write about it.

I personally don’t think I’m good at anything, but my family and some of my friends say I’m “brilliant� at writing, so I guess that’s what I’m good at. But then I compare myself to writers such as Dickens or Woolf and I feel completely useless, ‘cause my writings are generally some sort of chaos.

Hey @Jordand

It's awesome you are a writer!! Such a cool skill. Woolf is one of my favourite writers I studied her at university. Don't compare yourself them though you have your own unique style to bring to the table. I'd love to read some of your writing.

You write what you know and they say art comes from pain so it's really cool you can channel some of the chaos of your life through your writing.

Hang in there you are doing so much better than you think you are.

-Remi