Heyyyyy

Arden    

Hi! I’m Arden. I’m Pansexual with high levels of anxiety and stress. And my parents have conflicting religious view with my sexuality. Got any advice on how to come out? I feel like it’s time.

Hey @Arden

Welcome to our community, i'm pansexual too :)

Have you tried broaching the subject of sexuality with them in the past? How did that go?

If you feel you are ready then tell them, just say this is what makes you happy and this is who you are and you hope they understand. Be prepared for them to take some time to come around to it and remember that your sexuality is just another normal part of you.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

So, I’ve never broached the subject of sexuality, but when I’ve discussed my friends that are part of the LGBTQ+ community, they’ve never said anything negative about it. They just haven’t said anything positive about it either.

Hey there Arden,

So I guess they may at least have a neutral response? Our research shows that most parents will have if not a positive response then at least they will be neutral? In any case you cannot change who you are and there is nothing wrong with you or who you chose to love.

What do you think you will say to them?

-Remi

Hey Arden! I'm a non-binary polysexual, and I understand where you are coming from. My parents aren't very supportive either. When I came out as poly, I actually did it with some of my friends with me. It helped to have that support system right there. Maybe try that. I hope I'm not to late to help, but if I am, I want you to know that no matter what they say, you're great the way you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ash,

Sorry that they said they said that to you, why do you feel you can't talk about it anymore, have they told you that you aren't allowed to. I think it may be worth talking to other people about it, like you are using this community and also chatting to some friends.

-Remi

Hey Ash,

Sorry that they said they said that to you, why do you feel you can't talk about it anymore, have they told you that you aren't allowed to. I think it may be worth talking to other people about it, like you are using this community and also chatting to some friends.

-Remi

Well they kind of stop me from talking about it when I start to. I do a have a support system of friends, and some are lgbt