Am I gay or Bi?

ryanl219    

I need help with my sexuality. I am a guy btw. So I’ve always liked boys and when I’m in public I always notice the hot ones and think about them, on the other hand I think I like girls but I just don’t get the same feeling as I do for guys and feel pressured by friends and family and they always think I should date some girl. I find girls pretty but I think I wanna be with a guy. I’m just really confused about all of this.

As a bisexual Male myself, you dont have to like both genders equally, you just have to like both genders. You could like 99% guys and 1% girls and you would still be bi. I personally think you are bi, based on your post, but that's just me

Hello @ryanl219

Yes Anthony could be right you could be bisexual or you just may not have fully decided yet and that is totally okay. If you like boys then you were meant to like boys and this is totally normal and natural. I understand there is a pressure from not only family and friends but also society to live a hetero-normative life but it's your life and do what makes you happy!!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Okay, so I relate a lot to your post here. I'm female and I've gone by bisexual for a while now. I always assumed I was straight, then I skype called a girl and she was absolutely gorgeous. But along the way, I've also liked a few guys. Day to day, in public etc, I find myself staring at girls longer than I probably should; I find myself attracted to girls way more often than guys. I'm 18 and I've only ever been romantically attracted (never been sexually to either gender) to three guys I think. I got into a relationship with my male friend not long ago, long story short, I quickly found that it wasn't for me. I realised that I see myself more with a girlfriend, I see myself living with a girlfriend, I feel more comfortable with the idea of kissing etc, with a girl, than a guy. Thus, that relationship has come to a close. I've been left a little like yourself: am I gay, or bisexual? You can be bisexual and 'swing one way' as some put it. I definitely swing towards girls more than guys. Some bisexual's may 'swing' towards the opposite sex. But also, in the long run, when you find your person and you're happy that you want to spend your time with them, it doesn't really matter if they are male or female. This relationship I had really made me realise that, I suppose I COULD get with a male, but I much prefer female company, so I suppose I'll be looking for a female partner. What I'm saying is, you can look for your 'perfect partner' but also whoever you finally fall in love with, doesn't matter, as long as they make you happy. By the sounds of it, I'd say you're bi, but 'swing' towards men more. But I don't know what kind of feelings of attraction you get towards women and how the differ to men, so I can't be sure. It also doesn't matter too much about labelling yourself gay or bi. If you know what you like, that's all that matters. For instance, if someone asked my what my romantic preferences were, I'd go 'I like guys and girls, I like girls more though', simple as.

Hope this helps! :)