cyberbullying

busylizzie    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Sadly, it's really common with around half of people experiencing bullying - out of those almost three quarters will have had experienced it online. It's also making lots of people nervous of it happening to them too with around a quarter of people worrying that it will happen.

Staff-Account.png

I think it's really common in this day and age, so many platforms such as social media and gaming that cyber bullying can happen on. I think most if not all of my online friends have gone through something wether its "banter" or cyberbullying which is really sad.

• Ditch the Label Staff

You're right - gaming in particular it seems part of the experience and no one should have to go through it.

Staff-Account.png

Competitive gaming is terrible for cyber bullying if you consider harsh insults that can range anywhere from being about your family, you as a person, what you look like, you being bad at the game, and so on. No one should take cyber bullying or banter too seriously in the gaming world. However, most people are not gamers and haven't experienced it enough to know how to deal with it. (Insults and banter gets worse as you rank up in gaming because better players tend to take it pretty seriously)

I would say it's very common in the gaming world.

Competitive gaming is terrible for cyber bullying if you consider harsh insults that can range anywhere from being about your family, you as a person, what you look like, you being bad at the game, and so on. No one should take cyber bullying or banter too seriously in the gaming world. However, most people are not gamers and haven't experienced it enough to know how to deal with it. (Insults and banter gets worse as you rank up in gaming because better players tend to take it pretty seriously)

I would say it's very common in the gaming world.

I agree! I tend to stay away from competitive gaming because of this, unfortunately being a female gamer and playing competitively is still not that common although in the last year there have been a lot of female gamers in the scene :D