how do i avoid or clear my name from my nudes getting leaked

sarasaw    

hi there,

I'm in a very bad situation through which I might even get kicked out the school. my friends knew this before I did and apparently, no nudes are leaked, its only that some people know. the problem is when the whole school gets to know, which I don't want. how do I clear my name before anything worse happens? I really need help

thank you

• Ditch the Label Staff

@sarasaw Hey, I'm sorry this has happened as I know how worrying it is to go through and you're not at fault. We are here to support you through this.

I understand that you also need help now, from a practical perspective. Are you identifiable in any of the photos? And is anyone saying that they will share them? If you aren't identifiable and there is no chance they will be shared then you can deny it has happened.

From a safeguarding perspective, depending on your age and the age of the person you shared with, this may raise concerns around consent and that concern will usually be about protecting you rather than a punishment. Have your school spoken to you about it?

Staff-Account.png

thanks for replying <3

my school hasn't spoken to me about it, but if people keep talking about it the school will eventually get to know. three of my closest friends know and I don't know if others do. I'm not recognisable in those photos thankfully but just in case anything happens is what I'm worried about.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@sarasaw I can understand that worry but if it is ever brought up by other students or teaching staff, continue to firmly deny it is you and, these things can pass quickly and people often find something else to talk about. I know it can be hard to feel this is hanging over you but hold your head up high and continue 'as normal' - this doesn't need to define you. Are your friends supportive?

Staff-Account.png

most of my friends are supportive, that is to whoever I told except this one friend who got to know before I did and told my boyfriend before me. we fought and because of her, he broke up with me. but I and the guy are on good terms now. I'm just scared that that friend that got to know will tell the whole school because she is known for it. and I'm scared that the whole school will think she's right because she was my closest friend

• Ditch the Label Staff

I obviously don't know her as well as you do but I think if she says anything and spreads a rumour that she may come across as really unpleasant - especially if this is what she is known for. It sounds like your ex bf will be supportive and would back you up.

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff

@sarasaw Keep reminding yourself that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Hold your head up high and take a day at a time and allow it to fade away. At a time like this you need to be kind to yourself and practice self-care. (Amazing tips here: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/25-ways-practice-self-care/ and here: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/9-ways-to-be-kind-to-yourself/ ) We're here for you!

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

thank you so much for helping me!

the friend i told you about apologised to me yesterday for the way she spoke to me. she was toxic in my life so i told her we cant go back to the way we were before. i feel much better and i dont even think about it anymore! thank you