how are you all

chicknpeaqueen    

hi my name is sydney, and i am new to this. i hope tou are all doing fine with the coronavirus around. it must be hard if a loved one or friend has it. i will always be here for you if this is the case. let me know if you are scared or worried about anything because i will try my best to understand what you have going through.

sydney

Thank you for posting this and offering your help during this hard time. It's so important to help wherever we can because everyone is struggling with this.

- Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 4 weeks later...

I have two problems that Im not sure how to deal with. 1. When my dad walks into the room or is around me I immediatly feel angry, sad, and a little scared. He hasn't done anything wrong except I feel like all he does is yell at me. I don't know what to do because I'm supposed to love him but I don't think I do. 2. I had a toxic friend (my only friend) for 12 years and didn't realize that she was a toxic friend. She moved away last year and I finally realized hiw toxic she was. I go to a small school so there's only 26 people in my grade. There is one big friend group with most of the girls and my toxic friend had been in that group. She was my only friend so I would try to hang out with her and her group of friends but they would run away from me and make fun of me. I couldn't hang out with the other girls in my class because they were mean and would hurt other people. I tried to hang out with just my toxic friend but she would just ignore me or make fun of my weight and laugh at me. She made me deel really bad about myself. She blamed ne for things I hadn't done and would get me in trouble with our parents. When she moved I didn't have any friends so I tried to make friends with the group of girls. I'm now in the friend group but I still feel excluded and can't seem to get past the fact that they used to make fun of me. I think having one close friend would be good for me but I'm to scared to try and get close to someone cause I don't want to get hurt. I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

I have two problems that Im not sure how to deal with. 1. When my dad walks into the room or is around me I immediatly feel angry, sad, and a little scared. He hasn't done anything wrong except I feel like all he does is yell at me. I don't know what to do because I'm supposed to love him but I don't think I do. 2. I had a toxic friend (my only friend) for 12 years and didn't realize that she was a toxic friend. She moved away last year and I finally realized hiw toxic she was. I go to a small school so there's only 26 people in my grade. There is one big friend group with most of the girls and my toxic friend had been in that group. She was my only friend so I would try to hang out with her and her group of friends but they would run away from me and make fun of me. I couldn't hang out with the other girls in my class because they were mean and would hurt other people. I tried to hang out with just my toxic friend but she would just ignore me or make fun of my weight and laugh at me. She made me deel really bad about myself. She blamed ne for things I hadn't done and would get me in trouble with our parents. When she moved I didn't have any friends so I tried to make friends with the group of girls. I'm now in the friend group but I still feel excluded and can't seem to get past the fact that they used to make fun of me. I think having one close friend would be good for me but I'm to scared to try and get close to someone cause I don't want to get hurt. I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Kate,

I think a lot of people go through something similar at some point or another; I certainly have!

Have you spoken to your dad about how he makes you feel? He might not know what he is doing upsets you. Parents can often get caught up in other stressful things and take it out on their kids without realising. Maybe you could write him a letter about it? This will give him time to process what you're saying and sort it out calmly :)

Hmm... with your friendship group, have you spoken to them about excluding you? You could try speaking to them individually about how they treat you. It's better to speak to them one-on-one as people can get defensive in front of others and starting showing off.

Also, are there any after-school clubs you could join, or any other people in school you would like to be friends with? I think you just have to put yourself out there and get to know other people. I know you don't want to get hurt, but there are so many other friends out there waiting for someone like you to come into their lives! it just takes a leap of faith to make positive experiences.

You might find some of the tips here useful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/5-ways-to-make-friends/

Hope this helps! Hang in there and speak soon :)

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e