Hello my name is...

Krisnicole116    

My name is Kristina. I am 21 years old and preparing to begin studying fire science. Recently I came out as bi to my best friend who is more like a sister to me. She is super supportive of me no matter my sexuality. I also came out to two of my younger siblings one of which isn’t supportive, but says that he still loves me anyway. He said that as long as I’m happy, he’s happy. My other younger sibling is supportive. I haven’t came out to my parents yet because I’m terrified of what they will say because they are super religious and don’t believe in or support the LGBTQ community. They think it’s a sin.

So that’s a little bit about me and my journey so far.

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for coming to us for support - we are here to help you. I'm glad to hear that your coming out journey has been relatively positive so far.

With parents, we sometimes find that they can have a bad reaction to their child coming out. This can be for many reasons which are mentioned in the article I've linked you to below.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/

Also, you may find this useful. This contains tips for coming out to homophobic parents:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/coming-out-homophobic-parents/

Is it safe for you to come out? By this, I mean is it legal in your country, and is there a chance that you may have to move out because of it? In these situations, we recommend waiting until you are in a position to support yourself, or if you have somewhere else to go.

Finally, it's important to remember that no matter now your parents react, they will still love you no matter what they say in the heat of the moment. Also, most parents eventually come round to the news.

Let me know if you find this helpful. If not, we can figure something else out because we want to help you.

Speak soon

- Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e