Hello

Ella_Bella    

Hi, my name is Ella and I have always felt really ugly. I searched up "am I ugly" and I found a post about that by you guys saying to join this community. The post didn't make me feel much better, but I thought this community sounded nice a supportive so I decided to join. I hope I can improve through being in this community. Thank you. ☺�

Hey Ella :)

Thanks for coming to us for support. We are here to help, so know that you're not alone.

Sorry to hear that you have always felt really ugly - is there any particular reason you feel this way? I think it's so easy to feel like this in today's society, especially with social media pushing certain beauty standards that aren't what most people look like. It's so tough!

I wonder, could you try listing 2 or 3 things you like about your appearance? The next time you start to think you're ugly, try to focus on the things you like about yourself. This could even be things about your personality. I know this may seem useless, but you can train your brain to think in a different way by replacing these kinds of thoughts with more positive ones. You really have to keep going with this over a long time, but it will get better, trust me :)

Why don't you have a go at that and let me know how you get on?

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey Ella :)

Thanks for coming to us for support. We are here to help, so know that you're not alone.

Sorry to hear that you have always felt really ugly - is there any particular reason you feel this way? I think it's so easy to feel like this in today's society, especially with social media pushing certain beauty standards that aren't what most people look like. It's so tough!

I wonder, could you try listing 2 or 3 things you like about your appearance? The next time you start to think you're ugly, try to focus on the things you like about yourself. This could even be things about your personality. I know this may seem useless, but you can train your brain to think in a different way by replacing these kinds of thoughts with more positive ones. You really have to keep going with this over a long time, but it will get better, trust me :)

Why don't you have a go at that and let me know how you get on?

- Monsoon

Well I think the reason I think I'm ugly is because I'm overweight, but I can't lose weight easily. I also hate my hair. I can't do anything with it that looks good. I have a lot of acne too. I've been called ugly a lot at school. Everyone at school seems prettier than me. As far as features I like, all I can really think of is my eyes. That's basically my only physical feature I get complimented on. People say I have pretty eyes and long eyelashes. I'm also tall though so at least I have that going. As far as personality, at least I'm friendly and sociable. That makes me feel a bit better at least. Thank you. I'll try to work with that.

Hey Ella,

Thanks for replying! I don't think that being overweight is ugly. People often think this way because of what people/society tell them, but it's up to you to decide what you find attractive. Maybe try and think if the things you find attractive are just what society says, or if you actually value that in another person? :)

Also, it's so nice to hear you describe yourself positively. Have a go at that technique and let us know how it goes. We are always here to support you!

Over and out,

Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e