Hi im Skye

SkyeRoberts    

Hey Skye. Thanks for coming to us for support; we are here to help you through this :). It's great that you've realised your sexuality. Can I ask, do you feel ready to tell your mum? I just want to say that there is no rush to do this. There's no pressure to come out if you don't feel ready, but I just wanted to see how you feel. If you do feel ready, here's a support guide which you might find helpful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-11-tips-for-coming-out-as-lesbian-gay-or-bi/

When actually coming out, a lot of people find it useful to write a letter.People can find coming out quite scary, and by writing a letter, this takes away the pressure and fear of doing it face-to-face. Once the letter had been read, you can then go and talk to them about it. What do you think?

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello Skye,

I'm glad the letter went well, what did she say?

No pressure if you're not ready to share.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey Skye! I'm also new here :) I'm Madelief and i'm from the Netherlands and im 14 y/o. if you want to talk about being bisexual and telling people, you can Always send me a message. (Idrk how this site works and if thats possible but ok haha). Im here to talk about my social anxiety. I have a lot of friends and i was Always extrovert, but suddenly im scared to go to for example a supermarket on my own. I did a social anxiety test which rated very high. I really want to talk about this with someone, because idk where this comes from and im not like this. Since my friends only know me as very extrovert it feels a little weird to talk about this…

Hey @Madelief

I'm an extrovert too, and I can tell you it's totally normal that extroverts get social anxiety too. It can be quite exhausting being an extrovert, and often they can struggle with doing tasks on their own. What does your social anxiety feel like? Is it physical, does it affect your breathing? Something that will help with this is breathing excercises and mediation. Counting backwards slowly from 30. Often recognising that you are experiencing anxiety can help to normalise it and understand what is happening for you.

Have you ever taken a myers briggs personality test, I would say it might give you a good break down of other personality traits too. Let me know what you are, i'm an ENFP.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.