Hi I'm Hurts

Hurts    

i'm 14, i know its not my real name I don't want anyone i know, know about how i feel i was suffering from depression for around 2 years i cried almost everyday i was insecure of my body i am very overweight for my age I'm 5'7 and i weight around 198lbs and i hate my appearance i was suicidal nothing is wrong with my life but i still suffered from depression, i was happy for like 2 months and i thought i overcame depression now all of my sadness are rushing back i don't know what to do

It's okay to be insecure and have depression even if you don't feel like there's an actual reason. You are valid. I'm not very active here but you can talk to me on Instagram **************** I'm no expert but I'll listen and try to support you as much as I can.

Edited by Monsoon
Hey. I censored your Instagram handle because we do not allow the sharing of personal info on our forum. Sorry! This is just to protect our users. I hope this is ok :)

Hey @Hurts

Thank you for coming to us - we are here to support you through this :)

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been suffering recently. Can I ask, are you feeling suicidal at the moment? As Daya said, you are valid and your experiences matter. We are all here for you.

I think it's great that you were happy for two months. I wonder what made you feel this way? You might have been doing something specifically that helped you to feel better and it would be really good to pin that down and do more of it. When people go through mental health difficulties, it is perfectly normal to go back and forth between feeling down with it to then feeling on top of the world. The truth is, mental health is not a straight path. There are many ups and downs, and this is expected for everyone. However, I can see why this might be frustrating for people.

Have you seen our support guides on improving mental health and self-image/self-esteem? You might find them useful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/improve-mental-health/

99 WAYS TO COMBAT STRESS DURING LOCKDOWN

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/25-ways-practice-self-care/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overco...w-self-esteem/

Let me know what you think of all this. As I said, it will be really helpful to know why you were feeling good for two months. Also, what other things do you think might help you to move forward right now? I'm sure there are plenty of things you know about that help you. I'm interested to see what you think.

Hope to hear back from you soon! You're doing really well and it's great that you're asking others for help. Hang in there :)

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Dayan, Thank you

Monsoon, Yes I Am Feeling A Little Suicidal Life Is Becoming Meaningless For me

Puppies 787,

Music Helps I Agree It Isolates me from the real world it feels good

​​​​​

Hey. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Do you plan to take your own life? It is okay to feel like this but remember that feelings can change, and this feeling may pass.

We really want to let you know that you are not alone.

We support Monday - Friday, 8am - 10pm (BST) here on community and there are more options below:

UK: The Samaritans - 116 123 (This is a 24/7 service)

USA: NSPL - 1-800-273-8255 (This is a 24/7 service)

This link will give you a list of all crisis lines worldwide: https://www.befrienders.org

You can also call your doctor or go to any emergency department and ask for help.

Do let us know if you're safe or not. We care about your safety here at DTL and we can help you through this. We hope to hear back from you soon.

-Monsoon

Edited by Monsoon

Hello @Hurts

It's really great to hear that you are agreeing that thoughts and feeling can and often do change. It's always when we are in the dark that we struggle to find the light. Can I ask did you check out any of the resources monsoon has sent you? There's an app I can personally recommend called Stay Alive https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/f...tay-alive-app/ it has safety plans to keep you safe and loads of info.

You did exactly the right thing by just telling someone how you were feeling, does it feel any better to say it to someone. We're all here for you so please do keep checking in with us and letting us know how you're getting on.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey @Hurts ,

Really glad that you're feeling better today. We are always here for you whenever you need support, even if it's just for a check-in to let us know how you're doing :)

In your first post, you were talking about how you're not feeling too great about yourself. I'm wondering, can you tell us three things about yourself that you like? This could be anything from your personality, looks, talents, etc. I think it's just nice to try to put a positive spin on the way we think about ourselves. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hey there @Hurts

I'm sorry to hear that, sometimes I think its hard to say we 'like' something, but what are you good at. Are you a good listener, are you strong, can you beat people in a game of cards. Every single person in this entire world has good qualities and i'm sure you do too, thats why you're on this site and doing lots of self reflection. I can already feel theres lots of things to like about you but we need to work together to help you start seeing them in yourself.

So what I want you to do, is try to really notice yourself this week, notice when you have thoughts or when you enjoy doing certain things and whenever you have periods of feeling good, write them down and make a note of it. Then when you don't feel so good you'll have all these reminders that you don't feel this way all the time!

How does that sound? If not we can work on another way to boost your self esteem together.

We're here for you!

Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hurts Hey there. I just thought I'd check in to see how everything is going for you? You know where we are if you need us :)

Hey. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying life more than you did. You know where we are if you need us :)

-Monsoon