Hello all

Allsopp76    

I'm new, I have just stumbled on to this forum so please be gentle.

I am suffering from some insane low self-esteem issue's and have just been 'probably' diagnosed with some bipolar tendencies that are starting to badly effect my family life.

I'm kinda here hoping to find out that I'm really not alone in this and hopefully that there's someone or more who've managed to come out the other side unscathed.

So.... Hi all

Hey@Allsopp76

Welcome to our support community! :cool: My name is Monsoon and I'm one of the digital support mentors here at DTL. I'm here to help you, so please know that you're not alone :). I've supported loads of people who are struggling with the same kind of things - you're in good hands.

How is everything for you at the moment then?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

It's ok... The medication seems to be calming the extremes in swing, unfortunately it's making me quite emotional which my wife (who is fully informed) and kids (who are not) find a bit uncomfortable.

I have managed to pull in some favours from friends and have managed to get myself a 'rushed' telephone consultation with a psychiatrist on Monday. After years of feeling alone and unable to reach out, it kinda feels great that people are there to help me. It also makes me feel selfish and stupid for not reaching out earlier.

Thank you for letting me know you're there

Hey @Allsopp76

Thanks for being so open about your struggles :). This is hard for anyone, and many people also end up feeling selfish for not reaching out earlier, but there is nothing selfish or stupid for not reaching out earlier. It's very hard to reach out when you're really going through it.

I'm glad to hear that your medication is calming the extremes, but I'm wondering if they should be making you quite emotional? Is this why you're gong back to the doctor?

No, my doctor recommended a psychiatric visit/consultation. I have managed to 'negotiate' a telephone consultation today to try and get the ball rolling. Unfortunately it's a 'favour' consultation so there's not set time. I've now stayed in all day and there's only 2 working hours left of the day and I'm scared I've been forgotten :(

Nope, he was rushed off his feet and clean forgot about it. So after a full 12 hours of feeling worthless and unwanted thinking he couldn't be bothered, I found out as I'm a "friend of a friend" unofficial patient he's going to fit me in when he gets a spare 30-45 minute period one afternoon this week... luckily I'm on holiday and the dude understands that I'm living 3 hours from his offices

Hey @Allsopp76

Ahhh, I'm sorry to hear that the psychiatrist didn't call you in the end. It's great that he will get to fit you in one afternoon this week - he was probably just busy and had to work with the official patients. Every doctor cares about their patients, but I understand why you feel this way atm as I would too!

How are you doing today?