Hello! :D

Pride_100    

Hey @Pride_100

Welcome to our online support community! My name is Monsoon and I’m one of the digital mentors here who gives support to those who reach out to us. I can help you with loads of issues, like gender identity, sexuality, bullying, self esteem, mental health, and loads more.

How are things for you at the moment?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey, sure! @Pride_100

Can I just check, do you feel ready to come out? If you don't, then it's totally fine to wait - there's no rush :)

Let me know what you think and we can go from there. If you are feeling ready, maybe let me know if you've planned how you might come out so far..

Speak soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey monsoon. Yes, I think that I am ready to tell my family, they are very religious, but I would really like to tell them. I have planned to tell them by bringing it up casually, and/or subtly, and see their reaction. I don’t really have anyone in my life that would know how to help. So I don’t know if this is a good tactic or not.

Hey @Pride_100

That's great that you want to tell them. One more thing before I give you advice.. can I check, do you feel like coming out to them could put you in danger? By danger, I mean putting you at risk of getting kicked out or abused? Let me know. If there is, then it would be best to wait until you're old enough to move out/support yourself.

Once I know about this, I can then give you more help. Speak soon.