Back to Ditch The Label

Introduce yourself

Hello! Nice to meet you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    Hi, my names Logan, i'm 15 soon to be 16. I found out about a year ago, that i'm gay! Kinda bad tbh, my parents are homophobic so I can't come out, my sister was forced too and my parents were MAD. So i've been super scared, but I like to talk to people so, if you ever wanna talk i'm here
  •  
    Hey LoganDunbar

Welcome to our support community! My name is Monsoon and I'm one of the digital mentors here, and it's my job to give advice to those who reach out to us.

Thanks for telling me about your situation. I'm sorry to hear that your parents are homophobic. How is it now with your sister? I hope it got better for her. I'm asking this just to find out what it was like when she came out and what else happened after it as this will help me to think about your situation.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Comment

• Comment

•  
        Nice to meet you sir. Well tbh idk if I should say, but basically, my parents got mad when she came out and they then kept on her about it. But she basically told them she changed her mind, but she didn't it was just to make them happy

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hey LoganDunbar

Nice to meet you too! Feel free to call me Monsoon

I'm sorry to hear that your sister told them she changed her mind just to make them happy; that must be hard for her. How is she doing?

Sadly, some parents can react badly when their child comes out. This can be really difficult to deal with and it can make some people go back into the closet to make things better. However, it's important to stick to your word and prove to them that you are being serious and that you won't change.

We find that most of the time, these parents eventually come round to the idea. This can take a while, so you have to be really patient with it which can be really annoying, but just know that it does get better for most people. There's an article about this here: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-par...me-coming-out/.

What do you think?

Comment

• Comment

•  
                Yea, it's pretty hard, she is doin okay i guess. Just not being herself yet, same with me. Just wish we could tell them and they'd be okay with it.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)

Working...
                  X