What to do?

Dywwik    

Hello! 6 months ago I started the long process to become a priest. It's great and all, but I'm gay. With the church community I leave my sexuality hang low to hide from hate. The process includes 7 years of school in an all guy dorm. I feel I did the right decision, I'm eager to start going to school again! But I don't know if I can, for 7 years, keep it in. Do you have any advice?

Hey Dywwik. Thanks for coming to us for support :). I'm glad you're enjoying becoming a priest. I think that it's so hard to hide who you are for any amount of time. 7 years is long and if we aren't being our authentic selves, this can really have a bad impact on our wellbeing. It's so important to live as our true selves and my advice would be to always stay true to who you are, no matter what. You know what's right for you and what will make you happy. I guess it's just about figuring out what you want more: to not have to hide yourself, or stay somewhere you feel you can't be yourself. What do you think?

Hope you find this useful :)

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

That's great. I hope it goes well and that you get the support you need. Keep in touch :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e