Anxiety over past bully

chaigrey    

So I keep seeing this girl who previously bullied me at school, and every time I see her I get nervous and sick to my stomach. She’s currently my exes girlfriend, and in the past would comment about how I was stupid to think I ever had a chance with my ex and how much of an upgrade she was. She’s not saying anything to me now, but I still occasionally have nightmares about her. I’d really like to be able to move on with my life but I’m not sure how

Hey there @chaigrey

Welcome to our community,

Well it's bound to leave a mark the fact that this girl has previously bullied you and is now with your ex. You are only human! I would say block block block him and her and get them both out of your minds for a bit. You shouldn't care about this girls opinion of you, she is not your friend and it does not matter what she thinks. Focus on you and try and distract yourself.

When you are feeling anxious just breathe into these feelings and remind yourself that it wasn't your fault and what they think about you does not matter.

We're here for you.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 1 year later...

hey chairgrey, in my experience, it was hard to move on. The bullying was a traumatic experience and it really took a hit on to my self - esteem. I'm not sure if this would work for you, but for me, I talked about it to my friends and found someone who appreciated me for who I am. I've never had a boyfriend, but my situation was similar to yours in the sense that someone I loved (my best friend) was with someone who didn't like me, and made the same remarks to me. So when my best friend started ignoring me and hanging out with the other girl, I felt miserable. But when I went into a new school, I got into a group of friends who genuinely liked everything about me. It was a hard process, but because they made me feel like I was enough for them, the feeling of misery I would have when they talk about their other close friends slowly disappeared. I hope this helps. I'm here if you need anything, stay safe!

• Like 1

Hey @dewberry and stars

Thanks for offering your help to our members here - that's really kind of you :)

I just want you to know that we are here if you'd like to talk to us about anything else. Just say the word. 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e