This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sexual Assault & Rape

I am so overwhelmed.

Trinity    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sexual Assault & Rape

Click this notice to reveal the content.

everything seems to be crumbling around me right now and im not sure how to deal with it. i was recently sexually and mentally used and abused by a long term family friend and am dealing with the PTSD and related trauma as well as dealing with my dad being a massive prick to me and my mum he is emotionally abusive he punches holes in walls damages my stuff and bullies me. for example his sense of humor is odd at the best of times so whenever he tells a joke i dont understand he screams at me and makes me feel like the scum of the earth he also exploits my trust issues to try and make people feel sorry for him. I flinch when people touch me without announcing it first because of events previously mentioned and i dont let anyone apart from my mother get close to me and today he poked me in the face when i was concentrating on a show i was watching and when i flinched and accidentally hit the wall he then berated me and laughed at me when i was in pain and acted like i had mortally wounded him. he seems to have mum wrapped around his little finger too as he constantly fat shames her and verbally abuses her and she just runs back to him every single time. i want to run away and the only thing thats stopping my is the fact that i dont want to leave mum alone with an asshole like him.

i am so overwhelmed.

Edited by Daisie

Hi Trinity,

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you, but just know that you don't deserve this. You have worth and you deserve to be treated with respect. We care about you here at DTL. I've sent you a private email to support you further with this so we can check you're safe. Could you check you inbox and if you can't find it, your junk folder, please? We wan't to make sure that we help you through this. If you cannot find it, you can get back to us here. Remember, you can call the police at any time if you are in danger.

Hang in there, Trinity. We hope to hear back from you soon.

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 9 months later...

hey trinity, I don't know what to say to you, nor do I think it will actually help you. I don't know what it's like to be physically or verbally abused, but I know it's never good and that it takes a long time for you to recover from it. I just wanted to say that no matter how hard it is, please hold on. We don't know each other, but I know what it feels like to be down in the depths and so overwhelmed. Please remember that I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. You can chat me on discord, if you want! But please, hold on and stay strong. You're probably tired of hearing these words and they are probably cringey to you by now, but I mean it. Talk to me if you need someone, ok?

• Like 1