A little confused on my sexuality and would love an online friend to talk to :)

ros3    

Hi I'm Eva and I'm nearly 15. I don't particularly have massive issues and I am pretty happy with my life right now, but I am confused about my sexuality. I know that I should just take my time to figure it out, but I want to be able to say what I am or just understand and help others understand that I may not be straight even if I don't apply a label. If anyone does want to be friends or is just good at having a chat and listening that would be amazing! I have an anonymous twitter account and I would love to talk on something like that. If you yourself are having similar issues or just want to talk to someone who tries to be funny then I would really like that 😊. Anyways, I have never had a relationship of any kind and there is so much to say about how I'm feeling because I am unsure if I'm just ?not old enough? to feel any particular sexual attraction for either gender and if ?.m honest I don't really know how I know if I am attracted to someone. I don't know if from that I seem asexual or if I just don't know. There is so much inside of me and it is really confusing as it's as if I have two different thoughts inside me ? one is telling me that I don't want to be lesbian or bi whilst the other really likes the idea of being with a girl. I know that I like the idea of being romantic with either but appeal less to the sexual side of things but the thought isn't bad to me. I still believe that that is to do with my age so the main thing is I'm unsure of whether I'm asexual, bi or gay or anything else as I really don't know due to the massive of variety! I know that there is so much more to say about everything and I am sorry if NONE of that made sense. None of this makes sense to me so its understandable ahah. My ?twitter? is on my account thing if you did want to talk about issues yourself as I would also love to attempt to help you out as well. Sorry this was all very long

Hey R0S3,

Thanks for coming to Community for support with your issue - we are here to help you through this :)

I think it's great that you are pretty happy with your life now. When people experience sexual identity issues, this can often take over their lives, so it's awesome that you're pretty happy.

Everything you said makes sense, and I understand why you want to know your identity as soon as possible. The thing is, when it comes to seuxality, it can often take a very long time to fully figure it out. Society puts pressure on us to know exactly who we are from a very young age, and this can be stressful. However, it is important to take our time to enjoy the journey of self-discovery.

It will help if you speak to other people who are going through a similar situation - hearing their stories may help you to make more sense of your current situation :).

How are you feeling about all of this? Also, have you spoken to anyone about this? It could be useful to speak to your friends/family if you feel comfortable. They might be able to help to reassure you.

Also, here is a help guide you may find useful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/8-things-know-questioning-sexuality/

I hope this support is helpful and I look forward to your reply.

Hang in there! -Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi Monsoon, thank you for your reply. I understand that I should try to explore my sexuality and I am only young and have never been in a relationship of any kind to help.

I have not told anyone but its not fear of rejection but mainly being unsure and confusion.

Thank you for the article - I will try and find someone online going through something similar to help me understand more and talk to as I don't think my friends will know what I mean if I tried to explain to them in detail.

Again thank you

Hey Eva, I was reading your post and wanted to let you know that I am going through the EXACT same feelings right now that your are definitely not alone. So if you ever want to talk that would be awesome.

Hey ANAM3,

Thanks for offering support. Is there anything you want to talk about? We are here for you.

-Monsoon :)

Hey R0S3,

I understand your confusion - I found it useful to talk to others when I was confused about my sexuality. Hearing the stories of others really helped me to make sense of my situation. I am glad you are going to find someone online to talk to - you even have ANAM3 on Community which will be helpful :)

Hang in there! -Monsoon

hey monsoon and ANAM3! I would love to talk to someone and if you, ANAM3, are going through the same thing then that would be really. i'm not sure if you can talk to people individually on this website, does anyone know if you can or is it for privacy reasons that you cant? thanks for the support though! :)