How do i forget my ex and move on

Jesram    

i am 20yrs and completed tertiary last year... i broke up with my guy last year July and ever since we broke up he has been begging to come back.... so one day i decided to pay him a surprise visit and upon getting there i met him in bed with the same lady he introduced to me as his sister..i was so broken i couldn't even hold back my tears..instead of him to apologise or something he rather shouted and insulted me and asked me to leave his house....after some weeks he came back begging again and i still love him.... now i found someone who claims he loves me but i am scared he will also turn out the same way.. now i am confused because its like i like this new guy but the distance between us is my problem

Hi Jesram,

Cheating and heartbreak are awful and it sounds like you have had a difficult last year.

Make sure you keep yourself safe if you do decide to get back into contact with your ex. But remember he did lie to you and that you said he shouted at you and insulted you.

With the new relationship, you are bound to be worried that the same thing might happen but not everyone is the same, has he ever given you a reason to believe he might be like this? What is the distance between you?

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey Jesram,

That's a good sign, i'd say just go into in slowly if you can.

Sometimes long distance is good as it means you get to keep a lot more of your independence and don't rush things as much.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.