Back to Ditch The Label

Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

I'm on the verge of giving up

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 20 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    Hello SenatorConfer

Of course people would care. Please know you are not the only one feeling like this, so many of us find it hard to make new friends in a new place. Have you tried joining any clubs or societys, that's a great way to meet new people. In fact thats how I met all of my friends at university. There is also a great article we just posted about making friends t university - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/the-su...riends-at-uni/

Please know that you are an important person and that the world needs you, if you ever feel suicidal please reach out to someone, a friend, a relative, a student support mentor at uni or the Samaritans are always there to listen 24/7 there number is 116123.

Comment

• Comment

•  
        Remi That's nice and all, but that only works if you're an actual social person. I keep my room clean all the time, and I talk to my apartment roommates if I see them. I talked to my dorm roommates when I saw them, too, when I actually lived at the dorms last year and the year before that.

Now, though, it just feels so much worse. I work weekends, so I don't have time for anything. None of the clubs available interest me. I have no interest in joining a fraternity, so that's out. Overall, it just seems like there's no way for me to get anywhere in life.

And sure, parents would care if I died. I don't doubt that. That's probably the only thing keeping me alive right now. If they were all gone, however, I have no doubt in my mind that my death would mean absolutely nothing to every single person on campus. Just another random loser who died.

There's just no one that cares. And I'm feeling even more like a jerk because I'm complaining about such a stupid issue when people all around the world (and probably on campus, too) deal with things so much worse.

At this point, I'd settle for a romantic relationship filled with abuse and emotional manipulation. Even if I only left loved for a few seconds, it would be better than feeling like no one cares about me. That's all I feel right now. I'm a nobody that no one cares about. And, based on the first 20 years of my life, I'm sure that won't change at all.

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hey SenatorConfer

I know things feel really shitty right now, and I understand that your feelings are valid and I don't want to tell you what your experience is. That's great that your parents care and I wonder if there are a few more people out there that do too.
            We are all usually pretty wrapped up in our own lives, do you get on with the folks from work at all? Have you tried using a dating app. Please don't settle for an unhappy relationship when there is the possibility of a positive one.

Right now, your mindset is fixed but it could be worth entertaining the idea that something could happen to improve your situation. If I could wave a magic wand for you and you and change one thing, what would that it look like??

Remi

Comment

• Comment

•  
                Remi

My family members are the only people that care about me (even though it's only because I'm family). I have no one else that really cares. I have two friends back home that I barely saw over the summer. We've rarely talked since high school. They're cool, but I doubt they'd miss me much if I was gone.

And I get along great with my co-workers, though I'm still incredibly awkward. I was terribly shy when I first started, but I'm pretty much out of my shell around them. I consider them as probably the closest people I have in my general area, but that really isn't saying much.

I've tried Tinder to get dates, but I've got an ugly face. No one wants to date an ugly, boring guy. Whenever I match with someone, I'm ghosted. No one wants to talk. I tried all year in 2018, and I've tried even more this year, but nothing has changed (and never will).

As for an unhappy relationship, it's probably the only kind of relationship that I might be able to attain. There's no possibility that I can obtain a happy romantic relationship. I'm alone. I've always been that way. No one liked me like that in high school. And when I did tell someone who I developed a crush on that I liked them, each one of them stopped talking to me unless it was absolutely necessary.

Every. Single. One. I lost those girls as friends because I was so stupid to form a crush on them. To think that someone could actually think of me as boyfriend material. What a childish viewpoint. My life is just a series of failures. I'm the universe's punching bag in my eyes.

And my viewpoint is so egotistical and self-centered because I can only think about my issues and my problems. I'm ignoring the cancer and the rape and the abuse that so many others face. And here I am complaining that I don't have a girlfriend or friends on campus.

I know I obviously don't deserve a relationship just for existing. That's a stupid mindset to have. However, the idea that I'm sad because I don't have one is equally stupid. If I could change one thing, magically, it would be for me to have one friend at college. Just one is enough right now. That's the minimum. But, of course, no one wants to be friends with an ugly, shy, worthless, good-for-nothing, waste of oxygen like myself.

Comment

• Comment

•  
                    Hello SenatorConfer

That's good news that you get on with folks from work, what do you do? And see it took you a little while to get to know the work friends and now you are coming out of your shell, that is possible with other groups too.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your face, i'm a girl and I rarely ever look at looks, I look for someone who is kind and can make me laugh and I know most of my friends say the same thing. You will have shut downs and it's normal, modern dating is full of rejection, no matter who you are and what you look like because we aren't all compatible and that's okay. No one owes us their reciprocated feelings. Try not to take it personally.

You are not a waste of oxygen, you matter, you write really well and so full of expression i'm sure someone would love to know you. What about finding some Facebook groups for your college majors and messaging some people on your course and start to get to know them online first.

I know you are struggling to see the positive right now, but with a bit of luck this feeling will pass. What are you doing at the moment when you aren't at work, do you game, watch tb shows? I can recommend you some good UK shows to watch.

Remi

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 20 total)

Working...
                      X