Questioning sexuality

Rosina    

Hi, so basically until a few years ago I’ve always thought I was straight but I’ve never had a boyfriend, although I’ve had crushes on male celebrities and fictional characters. For a while, I think I’ve had feelings for my best friend, but at first I thought it was just admiration and strong friendship. Now I think I might be in love with her, but I don’t know for certain because I don’t really have much experience. I still find men attractive more often than women, but I do find some women attractive but I don’t even know if that’s because I like them or admire them, so I really don’t have a clue about my sexuality. Any advice welcome.

Hello Rosina,

Welcome to the community.

The honest truth is. Sexuality is fluid and to question your sexuality you don't have to make any statements about your identity in any sort of hurry, for lots of people it can change over time and there will be certain people, regardless of gender that you are attracted to. A lot of us don't identify as 100% straight so having a crush on a friend is soo normal and the only thing that will help you figure it out is to just take some time and have some experiences and explore without judgement. It is all a process so be gentle on yourself.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Think of it less as 'experience' you are getting to know real people. So talk to a girl you fancy if you fancy one, ask them out, go on a date etc. Just approach people you like and try and be open

• Like 1

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.