Back to Ditch The Label

Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

Coming out during a pandemic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    I've been considering coming out to my parents, but I'm scared. I'm a demi-pan romantic and an asexual. I'm worried about how they'll react. All of my friends already know, and I was planning on getting help from them, but since quarantine, I can't see them. Please give me some advice.
  •  
    Hey OPALITE. Thanks for coming to us for support. We are here for you

I understand why you are scared to come out. This is a perfectly normal reaction for people, so just know that you're not alone . Is there a way you can still contact your friends to get help from them?

I think that when coming out, there are two really important things to keep in mind: your safety and whether you feel ready or not. It's not safe for some people to come out because their parents might have a bad reaction and kick them out, or something similar. Do you think it's safe for you to do it? If not, it's best to wait until you're in a position to live away from your parents. Also, I wonder, do you feel ready to come out? I understand the pressure of wanting to get it out of the way, but I guess there's really no rush. This is your journey and you get to decide how it goes

Here's one of our support guides which you might find helpful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-11...ian-gay-or-bi/. I know the title says lesbian, gay, or bi, but I think the tips apply to anyone really. Let me know what you think of all of this.

-Monsoon

Comment

• Comment

•  
        Thank you so much Monsoon. This reply really helped me feel more confident.

Comment

• Comment

•  
            Hey OPALITE. I'm glad this helped you to feel more confident. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Working...
              X