asking out my best friend

littlelily    

ive already came out as trans to him (i was male and i identify as female) and i asked him out and weve been best friends since elementary school and ive liked him for a while i asked him out three days ago but he has been ignoring me ever since and we used to talk everyday so i dont know if hes avoiding me thinking or something else

Hey @littlelily

Thanks for coming to us for support :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't responded since. I'm just wondering what you think you'll do about the situation? We can help you too, but it will be good to see what you're thinking atm. What is your gut feeling about why he hasn't responded?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Well I’ve been trying to ask him to forget about it cause I just want things to go back to the way they were and for us to just be friends again and I’ve been trying to reach him but he’s still avoiding me it’s been I think 4 days so I don’t know what I’m gonna do

Hey@littlelily

I think that when people don't respond, they are trying to say that they need some space, so I'd probably try to let them get on with it for now and then hopefully, he starts responding again. What do you think? How are you feeling about it all?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
Guest Kristmas

Hey, I think maybe give him a little bit of space and you have to know for him it would be hard to forget about it. I'm sure if you give him space he will come back around. Some people can't comprehend how to feel or what they should feel. I bet he's just trying it figure it out. It would be hard to go back to the way you were, but I wish you the best and I hope it gets better.