Straight or Bisexual?

julianrhys    

Hi! I'm a 22-year-old trans man and I'm really not sure whether I'm straight or bisexual.

I've always had crushes on men and women (mainly celebrities) for my entire life, I've dated people of multiple genders (almost evenly split between guys and girls with the exception of one non-binary person).

However, I've always seemed to have a much stronger preference for women, and I never really enjoyed dating or being with guys (being with them was negative at best and painful at worst). At the moment I have a girlfriend, and I can really only see myself with a woman in the future, not necessarily her. I can't see myself with a man at all with the exception of one who I trust.

Hey@julianrhys

Welcome to our community :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I support those who reach out to us.

Can I ask, how long have you been questioning your sexuality for? From what you've said, it sounds like you could definitely be bisexual, but I'm just wondering, are you actively looking for a label, or are you not so bothered about that? I speak to many people who are questioning their sexuality, but after talking to them for a while, some come to the conclusion that the label isn't that important to them. Let me know what you think and I can then give you more advice about your sexuality.

Speak soon!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey@julianrhys

Nice to meet you too :)

Thanks for letting me know that you'd like to find an exact word for your sexuality. I think it's interesting that although you have a strong preference for women, if you could trust a man, then you kind of suggest that you could see yourself with them. Is that fair to say?

If so, I think it sounds like you're probably bisexual. What do you think? It would be interesting to see how things would be if you dated a guy and enjoyed it.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e