Am I attracted to the same sex?

Guest rcarlin25    

Guest rcarlin25

I am a 25 year old cisgender male and I have been questioning my sexuality for quite some time. It started out early in my childhood when I used to "experiment" with my boy best friend. I always loved doing it and I loved being around him. After awhile be became attracted to girls but during that time I just wanted him to like me still and only focus on me. Fast forward a little bit in time I started developing "crushes" on girls from then all the way through high school.I have kissed both genders and haven't minded both. I have been in very short relationships with girls and maybe one with a boy. In high school even though I found girls attractive, I never had a real desire for a relationship.

What does all this mean? Am I attracted to boys? I need help figuring myself out.

Hey@rcarlin25

Thanks for coming to us :). I'm one of the digital mentors at Ditch and I'm here to give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I think it's good that your asking the question and getting advice from other people. I'm thinking, how do you know when you're attracted to someone? How does it feel, how does it make you think, how do you behave around this person? Then, think, do I feel like this around guys?

It could be good to maybe explore a little more if you feel comfortable, like dating guys perhaps. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Guest rcarlin25

Thank you very much. I can definitely start trying to date more men. I don't really develop romantic feelings as often towards men so it will be harder. I will consider those questions. I am already feeling an emotional attachment to best friend, but he only likes women so I can't do anything with him. I've kissed him but that is all.

Hey@rcarlin25

Yeah, I get what you mean about it being harder as you don't really develop romantic feelings towards men as often, but it will be good to try and might help you to answer those questions you have about yourself. How are you feeling about it all now?

With the best friend, is this the one you used to experiment with when you were younger?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Guest rcarlin25

No he's different though I have kissed him before. My feelings for him and certain other men are complicated I can't ever tell. Im just taking it day by day seeing what fits and when I get a chance I'll start dating men to see what it's like.

​

I went through the same thing at the start of the pandemic, and personally came to the realization that I'm bisexual. I just thought about how I felt about people from different gender identities and that's the conclusion I ended up with.

Guest rcarlin25

What were some signs that told you that you were bisexual? My feelings are somewhat complicated for both sexes and I need to know some signs that might tell me who I'm attracted to.